on 8 May 2013
Cinderella was one of my favourite bands in the 80's and still is. The metal sounding band in Night Songs (1986) became a little softer in Long Cold Winter (1988) and bluesy rock 'n' roll band in Heartbreak Station (1990) and stayed that way until Still Climbing (1994) and gone. The first three albums are my favourites equally. I did not listen to the last album that much at the time. I waited Cinderella to give us another good album for long. I thought like most bands of the 80's, they also stopped making albums and disappeared although I got to hear them of touring here and there.

Now it caught me by surprise to learn from Amazon about this album. And here it is. No metal. It's all rock 'n' roll. It would be far more better if it came out under the name Cinderella. I would enjoy more that way, honestly. But it doesn't matter. Good music is good music. The opener 'Solid Ground' is kinda The More Things Change. After the intro riffs when Tom screams 'Yeah!', I was like that's Cinderella, man! Had goose bumps. After all he went through vocal cord problem, Tom's voice still sounds like he used to.

The standard CD has 10 paged booklet with all the lyrics and production info. Savannah Snow Keifer, Tom's wife, co-writes and co-produces the album. I could find Heartbreak Station in 'A Different Light' and 'Ask Me Yesterday'. 'Thick And Thin' is piano ballad reminds me of Don't Know What You Got. More of The More Things Changed are all throughout 'It's Not Enough', 'Cold Day In Hell', 'Mood Elevator', 'Babylon'. The Way Life Goes is more like Heartbreak Station in my opinion. I won't be wrong to say I'm listening to Cinderella actually. You like Cinderella, this got to be the album for you.

Enjoy music!
Rock 'N' Roll
\,,/,
13 people found this helpful
on 1 May 2013
To say I've been looking forward to this album is something of an understatement.It seems to have been forever in the making, but boy has it been worth the wait! From start to finish this album grabs the attention through great songs and fantastic playing. The range of styles on show here mean the album doesn't get boring through it's 14 tracks as it is so varied from Cinderella style rockers, to country style rock, big ballads, it's all here delivered with a real passion,it really feels like this is Tom coming out the other side after his vocal problems. I cannot recommend this album highly enough for fans of traditional rock and blues, I think country fans may get something out of it too. Hopefully the good reviews this album is getting, will encourage Tom to deliver a new Cinderella album in due course as well!
13 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 16 February 2016
Yeah it's okay. I don't know what I was expecting. It was n't cinderella, even though that would have been ace. I want to like it a lot more than what I do, and that isn't right. I don't think Ive played it all the way through. On a plus point I still think Tom's voice is good after all he has been through.
on 29 February 2016
I've always loved Cinderella and saw them live in Portland, Maine in '89. I thought I'd give this album a try. It's got some good stuff on it but it's not a patch on his old stuff, such as Gypsy Road.
on 1 July 2014
If you loved Cinderella, you're gonna love this. It's not been out of my car since I bought it! There is a real mix of songs on here from rock to blues to ballads. Very talented musician/lyricist all round and Tom Keifer has still got it. He's like a fine wine.....improved with age!
3 people found this helpful
on 3 July 2013
Massive fan of Cinderella...this is a very good album indeed! His voice has matured a lot over the years...gei it now!
3 people found this helpful
on 4 October 2015
I do remeber buying it but not one song struck or is worth remembering. Go for the Cinderella stuff and leave this one on the shelve.
on 23 January 2014
If you only buy one album this year, this is it. Rivals any Cinderella album, If it was the late 80's or early 90's this album without doubt would be top of the charts. Real quality rock n roll from a time before the music industry turned into a fake ,contrived, money making machine. Silly fools, you can't stop rock n roll! 10/10.
on 7 December 2015
Item as described! Great seller, highly recommended!
on 5 September 2015
Only listened twice , but its already growing on me . Lot of Cinderella still there , but a bit mellower. Just wish the tour was heading to my part of the world , Ireland.