on 11 March 2013
I bought this book to read to my nephew and niece and they absolutely loved it. A huge amount of thought has obviously gone into each of these curious animals and the descriptions are cute and funny. My favourite is Velcrows, who fly around stuck together - of course!

Each picture prompted lots of questions from the kids and although the animals are obviously make-believe, it did get us talking about the animals they were based on.

I highly recommend this book.
on 11 October 2014
(Source: Downloaded for free from amazon.co.uk.)

I read this to my three-year-old, and he really didn’t appreciate it. The book is basically a list of made-up animals, most of which are quite ridiculous. I think the worst of these was possibly the ‘velcrow’ – a bunch of crows that fly around stuck to each other.
Far from being silly-amusing, this was silly-frustrating, and like I said, even my three-year-old didn’t appreciate it.
4 out of 10.
on 3 March 2014
I see that some reviewers don't like this book - I can only think they have no sense of humour, imagination, or sense of the ridiculous. But it's great fun - who wouldn't want to ride a hammerhead horse?!

Yes it's brief - the clue is in the 'A-Z' nature of the book - but why not make even more use of it by using it as a starting point for your own stories? Just imagine the adventures a Zaptoad might have!

When I got it it was free - I have paid very much more for far worse. Well done to Sprogling: I love your silliness.
on 22 June 2014
Another book I bought to read with my granddaughters. I have not read it to them yet, though.
I think it's a funny book, but wonder at the age range it's aimed at. I would guess probably from 4 to 5 onwards, as it has some really strange words in, and perhaps a knowledge of the alphabet is better. The illustrations are beautiful, the imagination stretched (which i like).
Looking forward to trying it out with the 4 yr old!
on 27 March 2014
Don't read this if you have had a Sense Of Humour Bypass! I really enjoyed it as I like the fact most of the animal names were a play on words. The illustrations added to the fantasy and I am looking forward to reading this book again with my grandson, aged three years.
on 31 July 2014
A fun way to learn the alphabet and have fun doing it. All the animals are very silly and make you laugh it is great to read as an adult to your child and great for them when they are learning to read.
on 26 July 2013
This book is neither clever nor fun. It has none of the charm of a dr Seuss and our kids found it dull and pointless. I question how a book like this with less than 50 reviews (and free) could ever call itself a best seller? Fallen foul of the Trade descriptions act?
on 20 May 2014
my children,aged 5 and 6 enjoyed this book but thought it was a bit boring. It would probably be best used as a picture book or as a joke animal picture book for children wanting to draw funny pictures. I found it funny though!
on 14 January 2014
Some are quite funny and made me lol . Others aren't as funny but depends what you like and do or do not get.
I do recommend it so you can learn about new animals . (Well not real ones )

Good book so GET IT for a laugh for the whole family
on 26 April 2014
it was the best of all of the most popular stories and the best bit of the book is the best ways of doing weird animal name's and the most important thing is that you can also make your own silly name's to be the best at making people laugh and smile at a time when you are at school outside because if you are in school your teacher will tell you of your life will be a great live if you aren't going to be told of doing this for the rest of your life and the most common cause of death is doing bad things! this book doesn't have real life animals so don't worry about seeing weird stuff