on 11 March 2017
fab film
on 15 August 2017
it's great
on 6 June 2013
I bought this as a present for my Mum and as she hasn't complained about it I'm guessing it was fine. Really not my thing tho !!!
on 23 March 2013
I have recently reviewed the Highlights version of this cd (q.v), and as I loved it, decided to buy the full version. It boasts an extra 23 tracks. I don't normally purchase CD's/DVD's for anything over a tenner, but when I found this for £10.80, I thought for 80 pence buy it and I'm so glad I did. This soundtrack is absolutely awesome. Highlights include Castle on a cloud, At the end of the day, Bring him home and the best ever song - Do you hear the people sing?. After listening to the CD on the very day I bought it, I will now have to buy the DVD when it comes out. Absolutely brilliant. Highly recommended.
on 18 March 2013
Les Miserables has been my favourite musical since I saw the stage show as a teenager over 15 years ago. The music is so beautiful, and the story so tragic - it really pushes my buttons. So many people complain about the singing in the film, but for me, it is more appropriate to the story; if miserable, poor, starving, violated, tormented people are going to burst into song I wouldn't expect it to be perfect. I think the raw, less than polished singing is entirely appropriate to the story. The film is, in my opinion, the best musical drama of all time, and this CD is a good substitute for the DVD which is still a couple of months away from release. I agree with the previous reviewer in that I noticed the less than perfect singing more than I did when watching the film, but again, I don't see that as a negative. I would recommend this if you like pretending to be dying Fantine, angry Valjean or heartbroken Eponine in the car on the way to work (I don't, I just thought you might like to). And I have to defend Russell Crowe's Javert - he was my favourite in a whole film of favourites, and I thought his portrayal was moving, devastating and exposed the core of Javert's character in a way I never realised before; poor, deluded, devoted and ultimately condemed soul.
55 Comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 August 2016
Russell crowe / Hugh Jackman & a great cast of players.
If you own the movie then this cd is a must.?
on 22 May 2013
I really didn't know Les Mis at all until I heard Susan Boyle sing 'I dreamed a dream.' I bought the highlights CD a few years ago but didn't really listen to it much and then when this Les Mis movie came out I watched it on BluRay and was totally captivated. The deluxe edition cost me £4.99 was an MP3 download which is ridiculous value. I know some people have said that the quality of the singing is not a good as the West End versions' CD but having listened to my old highlights CD again I would say that the film version is raw emotion which is conveyed so well by the actors. The West End version may be technically better but to me it sounds sterile and over rehearsed.

I haven't been able to stop listening to this movie version since I bought it 2 days ago and the sounds are going round my head all the time! High Jackman is amazing but so is Russell Crowe and then on of course there is Eddie Redmayne, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Siegfried and the lad who plays Gavroche - Daniel someone. Brilliant!!