on 24 April 2015
I read a lot of reviews saying their bracelet stopped working after x days, but I persevered, because I wanted something with idle alert, and nothing in this price range has that. Well, I wish I hadn't. The product failed fresh out of the box. Spanking brand new. Fresh out of the box, and it fails. I actually work in production and we go to great length in quality control. I understand sometimes defects slip through one safeguard or two, but not to the customer and certainly not spanking brand new. How do they have the mothercunting cheek to sell a 44£ bracelet that fails on the first startup! Urge you all to check youtube "up jawbone lost clock hardware issue" or google "jawbone up battery problems" Do not buy under any circumstances!!!!
review imagereview image
on 7 November 2016
Nice idea, worked really well for almost 3 months ,Then the plastic sheath started to expand, preventing the end cap fitting and stopping the band plugging in to update. Spoke to Jawbone, who replaced complete unit with Up MOVE. Within 2 months UpMove stopped synching( only synchs via Bluetooth) after a long silence Jawbone sent this
Hi Allan,

We have always had the requirement to provide a copy of the proof of purchase in place. We have overlooked this requirement and gone with information we have available in our system in order to accommodate our customers to have a better customer experience as exceptions. We understand our products are sometimes given as gifts or the receipt might be misplaced and could be hard to obtain a copy. This requirement, however, is now being upheld and exceptions are not available.
The seller you purchased from (Extreme Deals) is not an authorized retailer of our products. The original warranty is awarded to the original purchaser of the product and is non-transferrable. In this case, you will need to return to the seller to discuss an exchange or refund.
on 31 August 2016
great little tracker that lets you know all sorts of things. i now get to see if i have slept ok and need to sleep more. how log it took me to fall asleep from hitting the pillow. i don't even notice that i'm wearing it anymore. it just is there. the exercise measure and pedometer is great as well.

there is an app you can get on your phone that allows you to connect it up to get all sorts of information on it. the wristband does so much in such a little device. i am very satisfied with it.
on 27 January 2016
What a complete waste of a perfectly good idea. Of the three UP's we had in our household, only one is still working.
My wife's developed problems after a month or so, the vibrate function vanished and then one of the LEDs packed in, another month later it was dead. This was exchanged for its value in vouchers from the retailer it came from as they stopped stocking it due to the failure rate.
My daughters seemed dead out of the box, turned out to just be the fact there was more rubber coating than there should have been so the button was very hard to push, but it had no vibrate function at all. After 6months it ceased to sync and just gave an intermittent blinking red LED, sadly she kept this quiet as she didn't want to upset us as it was a gift, as its 14 days over its 1yr warranty its now being filed in the bin.
Mine, although it took many hours to get working when it arrived, is still going strong, but for how long? I've had it over a year now so the chances of it failing i'd say are pretty high. When it finally kicks the bucket, i'll be buying a different brand, just Google Jawbone UP and see how others have faired with their products.
on 3 December 2015
Functionally it's useful and also looks great. It's slim and discrete so can be worn all the time. The downside is that it's not well made or tested. After 6 months the rubber has somehow deformed and the end cap kept popping off. Tried to get a warranty replacement through Jawbone and the best they could offer was a refurbished unit in black as it was the only colour they had (even though I had a blue one). One month after receiving the replacement it also broke. Many of these issues should have been picked up by product testing.
on 7 April 2016
Sadly, it arrived with a flat battery and did not work, It should charge in 80 minutes and last 10 days but after 7 hours it was still not 100%, after another 24 hours it was still not charged fully and after 3 days it was down to 30% and after another day it said it was completely flat again. I contacted the seller who just said they would look into it and after a few attempts to get them to replace it, I contacted Amazon who sent me a return label. It was a birthday present for my wife, so she was really disappointed. i will buy another from Amazon and hope it works next rime
on 22 February 2016
Disappointed as the Jawbone failed to charge after one year's use. That said, it introduced me to a whole new way to monitor your lifestyle and I've no moved onto a Fitbit HR, because the Jawbone didn't monitor my heartbeat (and it stopped charging). What I do miss is the accurate sleep monitoring that the Jawbone provides, but I can do without that now. My advise is to pay more as these wristbands go through a lot
on 28 November 2013
Like all gadgets the UP is great fun at first but will probably get left on the bedside table after not too long, if you're like me at least.

Setting it up and charging it was fine, if a bit of a pain registering the band via my phone handset but if you've got a reasonable grasp on technology you shouldn't struggle. I believe a full charge should last around ten days which is a blessing as charging has to be done via a USB dongle. Word of advice here, don't lose the dongle! You can't (at time of purchase) buy replacements in the UK, so despite their Customer Services being lovely and sending me a replacement FOC, it still took about two weeks from when I managed to throw the thing away by mistake for them to replace it.

This bad will track sleep pretty well, that I didn't disagree wildly with any of the data, though I do think it tends to be a little on the lenient side with what counts as waking up. It's very interesting to see how it calculates the difference between the varieties of sleep however and is also a good indicator for how much actual sleep you're getting.

Exercise wise, it only does stepped activities so if you're doing something like rowing you'd have to select the timer mode and enter your calorie burn at a later date. The UP does have lots and lots of apps that can integrate and share data however so you might find it easier to track activity a different way and just sync the information.

The other feature I found quite handy with the UP was a little movement reminder you can set it to do if you've not moved in a certain period of time, it's easy to just slump at your desk for hours but the band reminded me to get up every so often.

My main downside with this is just the size of the band and the feel of it on your wrist, granted I don't wear anything like a watch so I'm not used to having something there but even after a week I was still very conscious of it being there.

Overall this is a very nifty gadget but don't be surprised if you get bored of it quickly!
on 9 May 2015
When i first got it, i fell in love! easy to use! the only thing is you have to research how to use all the features, as it doesn't come with instructions. The app that you download(free) is perfect to see how well you sleep, how many steps you take, nutrition and you can enter in workouts you do. Goal setting is also another feature. my only negative is the battery life, it says it should last about 10 days without charging however this isn't the case, however i wouldn't let you atop it from buying is as it it is only a small negative. i have quiet a small wrists however it is a little tight to start off with however you get used to it. you wouldn't want it to be loose on you wrists if you are running or any other exercise. it is designed to be warn 24/7 however i personally feel uncomfortable wearing a gadget in the shower.
on 17 November 2015
I've never written a product review before but I feel I have to after suffering both dreadful product quality and customer service from Jawbone.

I first bought one of these for my daughter in 2014. The thing worked well and she liked it. So I bought three more (for myself, my wife and my son) at Christmas 2014.

Over the first half of the year the things started to fail. Not one of them, but all four eventually broke down. None lasted more than 6 months before failing. I would suggest that Jawbone has a real product quality problem with these products if that can happen. If you want something with solid reliability I would suggest you try something other than this product.

The customer service is dreadful. I tried getting to them via the website and email (phones are impossible), and most of my requests were simply ignored (I didn't even get a reply). When I did get a response it was along the lines of "hmm, looks like your product needs a reset. Try a soft reset and if that doesn't work, a hard reset. Here's a link to how to do it....And if that doesn't work, come back to us and we'll organise a product exchange" Well surprise, surprise, neither soft nor hard resets worked. So I went back to support and said I needed to replace the product. In fact, I went back again and again, and I just got NO reply. Zilch.

They seem to have decided that they don't want to replace defective products and will just ignore or fob off customers until they go away.

So I feel I have no alternative but to warn other customers that this company will not support their product, and that the product is defective and unreliable. Your £40 buys you a product that may work for about 3 months, but after that you need to buy a new one.

Apart from that, Mrs Lincoln, I loved the Jawbone UP....