on 5 March 2014
I installed this into my Lenovo Y500 as the only thing holding the performance back was the hard drive. As this is mSATA, I was able to install it without removing the stock hard drive,
It was pretty straight forward to remove the battery, back panel (little bit more fiddly, but there are guides online) and then insert the mSATA drive and fasten it down with the provided screws (it only took one of them on my system).

The next this I had to do was clone my OS onto the mSATA SSD, which was the more problematic part as I am running Win 8.1 and none of the guides that I found online (or the free software) supported cloning Win 8.1.

After 12 hours of very frustrating trial and error, I discovered 'Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14' which fully supports Win 8.1 and cloned the OS, configured everything for me automatically within half an hour. So I would say save yourself the massive headache I went through and just use this, as it works perfectly.

Now my laptop cold boots in 10 seconds, and wakes from 'sleeping' in 1 second. Other than this, many programs now run/load much faster as a result of this upgrade.
on 11 December 2014
Installed into a Gigabye Brix micro PC that required an MSATA drive - took seconds to install into the motherboard and the Windows 7 install was very fast too. So far so good but having had a couple of Samsung SSD drives I knew what to expect and wasn't disapointed with this Crucial drive.
on 31 March 2014
Wow, I can't believe how fast this puppy is! I popped it into my NUC and, even running Windows 7 (Not exactly known for fast boots), I go from POST to "on-screen and usable" in about 15 seconds. Linux was even faster, averaging around 11-12 seconds from POST to usable. I only wish I got the 480 Gigabyte one now! (I think that just might be my next purchase!)

The *only* caveat that I have with this is that if you're using it with the BOXD54250WYK3 NUC, you may need to flash the BIOS of the NUC if you want to do UEFI booting. I tried installing Ubuntu 13.10 and it wouldn't write to the HDD and I almost sent the HDD back thinking it was defective. After the BIOS update, everything was smooth sailing!
on 27 March 2014
It is a very useful and great product. I was able to keep my old hard disk as well. After one week of using it I do not have any complain about it. Windows boots in about 15 second and Linux Mint in 10 seconds which is really awesome considering that when booting from my old hard disk it could have taken up to 3 minutes to fully boot into windows. By the way I am using Linux Mint 16 and Windows 8. Unfortunately, this ssd was not able to fix my Code 43 problem of the Nvidia Gt 555m Graphic card. But, this is not related at all, therefore, a great and robust product. You should definitely buy one without even thinking about it.
on 15 March 2015
This SSD worked perfectly with a Mini PCIe mSATA to 1.8 MicroSATA adapter (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AEQ92FO) to upgrade my HP Elitebook 2530p which I bought from my employer without a HDD.
on 3 July 2017
Fast boot time. Prolonged life of laptop. And if you upgrade laptop you can take this with you.
on 25 April 2014
Product arrived on time, was well packaged, was easy to fit into the barebones computer I had bought and it works extremely well and silently. Beats the hell out of hard disk drives !!
No wonder Crucial has a very good reputation !!
on 5 November 2014
Using as a 'Drive C:', works a treat. With Win7Pro, superfast boot up and shut down times. All programs etc on 'D:' drive, minimum on 'C:', well worth the investment. Bit pricey, but hey, a good starter for SSD's.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 October 2014
On the Intel data sheet for construction of a NUC as a components known to be compatible with the specification.
on 8 March 2015
I don't know for sure whether it makes a difference to my Drobo drive, since I haven't tried it without.