5,285
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 25 April 2017
My first Liane Moriarty book but I don't intend it being my last. I have already downloaded another three. This is a lovely book. The characters are interesting. The so called "secret" is not the point of the story and the author allows you to guess what the secret is a few chapters before your guess is confirmed. The point of the book is, I think a comment made by one of the characters, about letting go of ego and not seeing everything in terms of black and white, being "bendy." It's a novel about the way people act and react, the latter not always wise but understandable. I ended up having to keep reading until I finished and knowing that I had "found" another author, always a joy!
on 6 April 2017
Apart for the copious errors - shame on you Penguin - this is the best book I have read so far this year. It's a book I will read over and over again. Literally can't put it down. Lots of characters to follow but stick with it - their stories and lives are all interlinked - just like real life I suppose.
on 14 August 2016
After reading the reviews I thought I'd try this book but I just can't get into it. It jumps around do much that Im finding it hard to connect the story and remember who that character is. I usually persevere with this kinda book but the women are insipid and Im not grabbed by the storyline so 1 star from Mr.
on 22 February 2015
What would you do if you discovered your husband's terrible secret was something unthinkable and that the man you thought you knew wasn't who you thought he was? This is what this book is about. All the characters in the book are linked in some way although it is difficult to see how the different characters are connected at the beginning from one scene to the next. It does all however come together. In the end there is a horrible price to pay for this secret which leaves the characters involved ridden with guilt. I loved the Epilogue which is different to normal ones and shows how life is just so unpredictable and full of chances. Also loved all the references to the Berlin Wall and how that was intertwined neatly into the story.
on 21 September 2016
Was glad when I actually finished this book after 6 months. The story started off good the first few chapters but then I just found it a drag and I had to force myself to finish this book. I wouldn't recommend this book.
on 10 April 2017
What started out as a fairly conventional chick lit turned into a thoroughly gripping story that had me completing the book In two days while on vacation. Nice twists and believable characters. Definitely her best novel.
on 12 May 2017
I have finished this book in record time. I couldn't put it down. The first I've read of this author and I have just ordered another. Well done Liane Moriarty. Excellent story. You have a new fan
on 22 June 2016
Not for me. I began to read this book. I didn't like the style of writing.iread a few more pages and decided that was enough.
on 20 July 2016
This book is just pages of waffle, I had to give up on it after a few chapters and the secret is totally predictable!
on 7 June 2017
A great deal of this story, it transpires, is based on the findings of an incompetent pathologist. Also, two of the protagonists have named their daughters Polly and Esther - ho ho ho. Really? It's okay, but I have preferred some of this author's other books. Bit slow and clunky.