Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 May 2015
Volbeat have surprised me immensely.
I bought this album only knowing Cape of Our Hero and Dead But Rising and a couple other tracks from previous albums. Seeing as it was my first Volbeat album I just shoved it on shuffle and let it play for an hour or so and I've gotta say, it was worth the money I paid.
Lola Montez is just one I can never ever get bored of, it sounds like its a cheerful song but in fact its encouraging somebody not to fall in love with a show girl. Pearl Heart and Black Bart follow in respect that they have a theme of like olden worldy. My Body is just amazing, something you can really sing along to. One that really sticks out for me though is Lonesome Rider. Being into heavy music it's not something I'd be interested in but that bass in the background is so reminiscent of people like Johnny Cash and Elvis Presley - to me Lonesome Rider has got to be one of the best on the album and it really shows the bands diversity in being able to play all kinds of music.
To any fan of the rock genre/metal or even country I'd suggest buying it, it is just a work of art.
on 29 May 2017
My son, Alfie introduced me to these guys! Iv been a 'rock' fan for around 50 years n it takes a special something to interest me. This album has it in spades!! Riffs, chorus's, original voiced vocals n calling on the old west, Johnny Cash metallised, now that's a winning formula!!! Saw footage of them at the Sonisphere Festival and they were smoking!! Eventually bought 4 of their albums! Invest now!
on 8 May 2014
I have had this album some time now and the more I listen to it the more I love it. Having bought the album based on having only heard the track Lola Montez it was a little risky but there are plenty of other great tracks on this too. Volbeat definitely have a unique sound which maybe isn't for everyone but right now I can't get enough of them! Just need to purchase some of their previous stuff now.
on 18 July 2017
brilliant band and this disc is really excellent
on 31 May 2017
Its VOLBEAT what's not to love !!!!!!!!!!!! Superb album
on 20 July 2017
Awesome album, well worth a listen.
on 25 August 2014
Excellent
on 8 February 2014
Another brilliant album full of Volbeat's very unique sound. Some very catch songs on here that will have you repeating over and over again.
on 4 August 2013
Hadn't heard of Volbeat until this year's Download Festival but I shall certainly be wanting more after hearing this album :)
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 April 2013
Volbeat have exchanged their fast and furious Porsche 911 for a smoother but no less powerful Bentley Continental on this album, producing to my ears at least their most melodic, diverse album yet. Singer Michael Poulsen is in fine voice and there are enough riffs in here to satisfy anyone who likes their guitars turned up to 11. From the acoustic opener to the Sabbath sounding Room 24, from the Big Countryish Pearl Hart to the Iron Maideney The Hangman's Body Count, many boxes get ticked. That is not to say this album is in any way derivative. Volbeat sound like no one else and on this Spaghetti Western themed album they have produced their best work yet.