on 28 April 2015
To be honest, I was seriously looking forward to reading these second epilogues and having a chance to delve into the Bridgerton's lives again. Once I started reading through, I realized that it wasn't what I had hoped it would be. For one thing, it had been a long time since I read the series that it took time to get back into the swing of things.

I enjoyed reading about supporting characters and seeing their happy endings, however I was hoping for more of the 8 siblings and less of the supporting characters. I know it's difficult to write a second epilogue, and Julia Quinn did a decent job, although sometimes it seemed random, it was still decent.

The one thing I really didn't want to read about was Violet's story. She has been such a great character in every single one of the series. An amazing mother, a beautiful, elegant lady and a wonderful role model to all, that it was a bit strange for me to see her as the young girl she was when she met their father and fell for him. I definitely did not want to read about her sexual escapades with him either, having been that fictional mother figure to all. I was saddened at how he died, but I felt if Quinn was going to tell her story, she deserved a full-length novel, rather than a shortened, rushed version of it.

It was sweet to read about the Bridgertons again, but not what I had hoped it would be. I admit to feeling slight disappointment.
on 7 November 2013
Being a great fan of Julia Quinn and the Bridgertons, I had to read this one. I wasn't disappointed. All the 'epilogues' were wonderful peeks into the 'ever afters' of the Bridgertons. Most of them were highly satisfying. Violet Bridgerton's especially was poignant and bitter-sweet. Anthony and Hyacinth's were fun and pacy; Benedict's was about Sophie's half-sister. It was a rather cute little love story. The only two that I was a bit disappointed in were Eloise's and Penelope's. They weren't about them at all and I wanted to know more about their lives. Greogory's, Daphne's and Francesca's were quite gratifying too and exactly the answers I wanted as a reader. All in all, a must read for Bridgerton junkies.
on 3 February 2014
I really bought this book because I wanted to know if Francesca in 'When He Was Wicked' ever had the children she desperately wanted. I got that answer with a lovely second epilogue which JQ has said is the favourite thing she has written. I loved it as well. In fact I loved all of the 2nd epilogues and also enjoyed Violet's story even though it was bitter sweet. I fell in love with Edmund very quickly reading this short novella so found the ending very sad.

I heartily recommend this book for all who have enjoyed the Bridgerton family saga.

ETA:
Curious though that Violet says she is an only child to Edmund but in 'An Offer From A Gentleman' Hyacinth is babysitting her cousins, who Violet tells Sophie are the children of her youngest sister.
on 23 April 2013
This has been - without a doubt - a worthwhile read. I have loved JQ from the moment I picked up 'The Duke and I' and have never missed a thing from her. This collection of 2nd Epilogues has been as witty, funny, endearing and tear-jacking as every thing of hers that I've read.

I'll recommend it to not only fans of JQ but also those who care to call the Bridgertons family of sorts. I kind of want to know how Amanda in 'To Sir Philip, with love' turns out. She seems interesting. Actually, so does Hyacinth's Isabelle. I don't ever want their story to end...
on 22 November 2015
Really could not have asked more from Julia Quinn! This is the most perfect set of epilogues ever to be written! All stories wrapped up so perfectly!
I rather think that Violet in Bloom should have been an entire book rather than just the short snippet of what we had but that might be me just being greedy. The tumultuous experience of her childish indignation, how she was a wallflower, then an ecstatic bride and then we go to heartbreak oh Julia, you do know how to wrench the heartstrings!

You must read this if you have read all of the Bridgerton books. Don't think. Just read.
on 31 May 2013
I am a huge fan of Julia and her stories about the 8 Bridgerton siblings in particular and was very excited when i heard she was writing a second part to each book, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I was not disappointed. The stories could have been a bit longer but I think that is just because I love the characters so much that I really wanted a whole new book about each one. I very much enjoyed catching up with my fave 19 th century family, especially the rematch of Pall Mall, I would love to play with them, as long as I got to have the Mallet of Death
on 30 November 2013
This one contain epilogues for all the previous 8 plus one new story. I have read 6 of these 8. The new epilogues are:"Duke and I" and "On the Way to the Wedding".

Regarding The Duke and I. We see our heroine's nearing middle age (40's and 50's) which is uncommon for historical romance, yet you can still read and find yourself attracted to the story because you still love these characters.

Regarding On the Way to The Wedding: Not the usual happily ever after but still it's nice. and you can know the name of their all 9 children.

New short stories are added for Violet "Lady Bridgerton". These are sweet, fluffy and a bit sad.
I really liked Edmund in these stories. I shed tears when he died :"

-It's very nice to go back to one of first historical stories and series that I have read. The Bridgerton still have their special place in my heart.
-Julia Quinn is still awesome.
-Looking forward to her new story.
-I want her to release more than one book a year
on 13 December 2013
i loved this book because i have all the stories of all the sons and daughters of their courting days and finaly getting married and this book tells you what has happened to them all over the years how many children they have had and how happy they all are i think that it is think that it is a good ending to the series.
on 10 May 2013
I am a huge fan of JQ's Bridgerton series. I have all the books in my collection, my favorite is "Romancing Mr Bridgerton".

I loved this final epilogue for all the books, it was a fun lighthearted read, where loose ends from the previous novels were tied up. We also get a chance to read Violet's story; which is really sweet.

It's well worth buying, I loved it!
on 22 April 2013
If you have read the epilogues of the bridgetons then you don't really need to get this book as it is all here, there are a couple of new stories and it is nice to have them all together in one book. My favourite Bridgeton is still Colin and Penelope .