Top positive review
4 people found this helpful
No-frills combo T.V
on 13 November 2013
This 22" Toshiba 22D1334B is replacing a broken 15" Phillips T.V that has lasted us several years. It will be used as a bedroom T.V, aside a PC to watch telly & listen to the radio at night. Due to this, we didn't want a T.V that was too big or expensive, and this Toshiba suited the criteria.
+ Decent picture quality (can vary on particular programs) & nice size/scale increase compared to our previous 15" T.V.
+ Decent sound quality (the change takes some getting used too).
+ Straight forward setup attaching the stand/base & start up installation/tuning is a breeze with screen prompts/options.
+ Connectivity range, can optionally be used with other devices such as PC or Laptop etc...
+ Built in DVD player makes this a nice multi-purpose all round unit.
+ Easy to use remote control & quality Duracell batteries included.
+ Comes with it's own power cord, built into the back of the T.V (not removable by ordinary means, decent length cable).
+ Visually the unit looks clean & tidy back to front, no innards visible etc..
+ Quick start manual is good.
+ UI is easy to navigate & some decent options e.g T.V program information & programme guide listing similar to Sky.
+ Freeview, 50 channels & 25 radio stations.
- DVD/player has no DVD/CD cover, it's open, leaving the spinning disk visible when playing DVD's.
- Question over dust being captured in the open DVD player interface.
- The white finish on the unit is a bit bright, a toned down or silver finish would had been nicer to look at.
- Remote control feels a little flimsy/cheap.
- The DVD players noise when running a DVD is noticeable at low volume.
- T.V emits a humming noise, more noticeable on talk radio stations , at low volume.
Note: Region 2 DVD's must be used.
In conclusion, the Toshiba 22D1334B meets our needs, albeit with a few concerns, but it has all the credentials for a fine bedroom/kitchen T.V. It's going to get plenty of use, so if anything happens you'll be the first to know. Recommended.