Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 20 March 2017
Absolutely loved this DVD. Saw the series on TV and was sooo disappointed that BBC never made anymore. It had so much potential for story lines on the work and personal levels. The cast were brilliant. It had drama and comedy - loved, loved, loved. Eve Myles was hilarious, down to earth, caring, would love someone like Eve looking after your family!!!
on 19 May 2017
Good
on 30 June 2013
I also missed the 1st episode, but got into Frankie straight away and absolutely LOVED it :) I hope there will be a 2nd series and wish there were more great dramas like this on TV. I will be buying the DVD as soon as I've posted my comment! Thank you to all who were involved in bringing Frankie to our screens :)
on 14 August 2013
EVE MYLES IS BRILLIANT! If you didn't catch this on TV then you have to buy this. It's brilliantly done with brilliant actors. A must for everyone in the whole universe! LOVE!
“Frankie” - a mini-series in six parts – is a British television drama that is set in an English provincial town (Bristol). It was shown on British television (BBC) and released on DVD in 2013. Here is some basic information about it:

** Created by Lucy Gannon
** Directed by Mark Everest, Alice Troughton, and Ashley Way
** Written by Lucy Gannon, Lucy Catherine, and Peter McKenna
** Number of episodes: 6
** Run time: 6 x 58 minutes = 348 minutes

The cast includes the following:

** Eve Myles as Frankie Maddox – a district nurse
** Dean Lennox Kelly as Ian Hargrave – a policeman
** Derek Riddell as Andy Peat – Frankie’s colleague
** Jemma Redgrave as Dr Zoe Evans

** Julia Ford as Mary McCloud
** Leila Mimmack as Paula Simms
** Noma Dumezweni as Angie Rascoe
** Carla Henry as Karen Freestone

This drama is named after the main character Frankie Maddox, who is a district nurse in an English provincial town (Bristol). In this drama we follow her personal and her professional life.

There is trouble in her personal life, because she works too much. Her boyfriend Ian is upset and has a one night stand with another woman. There is also trouble in her professional life, because she is dedicated to her job, and sometimes she is prepared to bend the rules in order to help one of her patients.

In the first episode, the focus is on Frankie, while the other characters are in the background. But in the following episodes, the people around her begin to have a more prominent position. It is no longer Frankie, it is Frankie and the people around her. The quality of the drama improves, as the story moves forward. When you have watched one episode, you will wish to go to the next one as quickly as possible.

This is a drama and some of the issues covered here are very serious. A district nurse may face a situation where it is a matter of life or death. But not everything is serious. There are also some funny situations here. The combination of serious and funny situations makes a good variation.

Frankie is not rich, she is not poor. She has a job, a house, and a car. She is busy with her personal and professional life. While she does not always make the best choice, she has a good heart, and she always tries to do everything she can for her patients.

What do reviewers say about this drama? On IMDb it has a rating of 72 per cent, which corresponds to 3.6 stars on Amazon. If you ask me, this average rating is too low.

On Amazon UK there are 60 reviews of this product. The average rating is 4.8 stars. If you ask me, this average rating is much more appropriate. I want to go all the way to the top with this product. I think it deserves a rating of five stars.

PS. There is only one season of this drama. No season two. This is a shame. Lucy Gannon has created a fascinating universe here with Frankie Maddox in the middle. The concept was not used up when we got to the final episode. There could - and should - have been at least one more season based on this concept. Unfortunately, this did not happen. Be that as it may, I still think want to recommend this drama about Frankie and her colleagues in Bristol.
on 20 June 2013
Absolutely loved Frankie what a brilliant programme I just really hope they commission a second series..highly reccommened this. Best tv since call the midwife and I think I even love Frankie just as much. :)
A friend at work told me about this new BBC series. I missed the first episode, starting to watch it from episode 2. Although I had missed the first one, it didn't mean that I enjoyed it any less. The 'story' was easy to get into and the whole cast of characters is perfect. Frankie, of course, is the main one. Working as a district nurse, we see her work colleagues (both those on her own team, plus doctors that she has to work alongside), but we also see a selection of different patients in each episode. The issues that these patients are dealing with are well managed and explored - as Frankie finds out herself, there are often times when things are not strictly black and white. What this means for the series is that, although there are plenty of times when the issues and the subject matter are quite serious, there is also plenty of humour to help us along the way.
I have loved this series; I will be sad to see it go after the final episode tonight. Hopefully they will make another series soon, just as good as this one.
on 11 February 2016
we liked this a lot, made by the b.b.c. but I never noticed it on TV before. she is a very likeable character. Googled to see if there was a second series coming, was quite surprised as well as sad to see there wasn't. maybe someone else will have the good sence pick up the ball and run with it as the b b c don't seem to know there arses from there elbows
on 2 September 2013
I'm so happy that this is out on DVD. It makes me really happy watching Eve Myles play Frankie, she has absolutely made it her own and i couldnt like the character more. Its such a good watch -I couldn't wait for the next episode. Lucy Gannon has written a true and heartwarming series and I hope to see it again!
on 4 February 2014
Best drama series of last year. All the characters are interesting in their own way and bring something to the programme. Eve is great. She brings her character to life and makes the show easy to watch. Can't wait for the next series.