Format: DVD|Change

on 14 March 2017
I'm honestly not that much of a fan of US comedy other than Big Bang Theory and Scrubs but I have absolutely loved this show from beginning to end. I watched all 7 seasons over a few months and now that I've finished I'm going to miss it so much. Some of those characters were just so funny and loveableasy. Ron Swanson and Andy Dwyer made the show for me along with Leslie Knope. Jerry was hilarious in a slightly smaller role than the otherstandard as was the late addition of Ben (the straight deadpan guy) If I'm 100% honest the only character that I think the show could have done completely without was Tom as he was too cheesy and obnoxious but that probably wasn't the actors fault. Chris Pratt has gained a lot of success off the back of this show but whatever else he does he ll always be Andy to me.
Some of the other supporting characters worked better than the others as did some of the gags but that's just sitcoms for you in general.
A spinoff or a reunion show would be most welcome!!!!!! This is a quirky, offbeat and surreal comedy similar to The Office or Scrubs.
on 21 May 2017
I'm in love with all the characters in this brilliant sit-com. Universal office humour without the excruciating angst of The Office. Makes me chuckle almost continuously. So great to have a TV series that's upbeat and sees the positives in life as well as poking fun at the dodgy stuff. Brilliant.
on 24 June 2017
Parks and Recreation is my favourite show of all time due to it's incredible cast, lovable characters, hilarious humour and engrossing story line. I've watched it many times and it has never failed to make me laugh.
on 8 April 2017
Funny as F***
on 13 March 2016
Brilliant tv series
I too agree that the second series greatly improved on the first
on 4 December 2014
So funny, no idea why i didn't watch sooner. Ron Swanson is a hero and a manly man.
on 28 July 2015
I ordered series' one and two after seeing a couple of episodes of 'Parks & Recreation' on 'Dave' TV. Whoever wrote this series has observed the separate, institutionalised, world inhabited by local authority staff well, seeing them as being collectively odd like I always have. They would appear to be as peculiar in the U.S as their counterparts are in Britain for such a comedy to be made. I find the situations in this series making me laugh continually, the way all these diverse individuals are forced to interrelate in the workplace, having to adopt common goals and interests that none of them are even remotely bothered about. Very funny, especially when a character tries to elicit empathy from the viewer when it is thought necessary, documentary style, to explain themself. Nothing substantial ever gets achieved and everyone carries on being employed to achieve nothing substantial, just like in your local Council offices. It is not what you'd expect from U.S comedy programmes, most of which have had humour suppression surgery in order to crack safe, lame, self-censorial, jokes. This has more of a British style of wackiness. I have a lot of catching up to do if I decide on getting all the series'. Still, it'll be good for a laugh.

Eamonn
on 23 January 2014
I would highly recommend watching this TV series. It's smart and funny and all the characters are great. It's very easy and fun to watch, I always find myself watching 3 or 4 episodes at a time! The comedic timing is brilliant and the show is obviously very well written by some very funny people.

It starts off a bit slow but by season two it starts to get really good.

Warning: there are only 5 episodes in season one, in case you were expecting more (which I was)
This was on my watchlist for ages before I round to watching it. As expected, it's like The Office, but set in local government, and the good news is that it's very funny. The main character is very likeable, as are most of the cast, and there are many laugh out loud moments. The good news is that season 2 is even better and much longer too, so there are many laughs ahead.
on 21 April 2017
It's a good watch not hugely funny but worth a watch