Customer reviews

Broken Jewel: A Novel
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 20 August 2014
I find David Robbins style of writing very easy and enjoyable to read. This is not my sort of book (being set during the Second World War) and I tried it because I had read some of his other books and had enjoyed them. I was engaged by the characters and wanted to find out what happened to them.
on 17 November 2014
This is a well written book is part fiction and part fact and It tell's the story of what life was like for internees in the Philippines under Japanese rule and what the Philippine civilians had to endure whilst occupied. It a story of love and courage and how to out wit the Japanese commander.
on 29 October 2014
A good book against a well researched background which I think is quite accurate , Held my interest throughout , a little more editing would make it even better . Would recommend .
on 24 November 2013
Ok for alight read,if it had been the first book I read from D. L. Robbins I would not have read anymore, I must say I have enjoyed some of his books.
on 5 January 2014
Slow start but once it got going really buzzed along, good read. Real action man thriller full of suspense and very topical.
on 1 September 2015
Two a star due to comparison with his other works which are more exciting
Very slo w moving
Reasonable conclusion
VINE VOICEon 20 April 2012
Having read all five of this author's WW2 novels and enjoyed them immensely, it is hard to understand why they are not more popular. They are all factually based, brilliantly told stories of the endlessly complex piece of history that this war has become. Other authors have arrived later with the same attention to detail and use of facts to weave entirely credible 'faction' which I find compelling reading, notably James Holland whose approach is similar.