Size: 4GB|Change

on 6 August 2015
I purchased this recorder exactly a year ago and used less then 50 times and it has suddenly stopped working. At first it kept showing HOLD no matter what button i pressed and now it wouldn't come ON at all. I went and bought new batteries but not working. I plugged it into my pc, erased all files and repaired disc and still not coming on. I'm very disappointed right now as it seems like a waste of money. I need a voice recorder to use in my practice and now have to hunt for another better one... :(
on 19 January 2017
I bought this for my late husband to record messages to our son to listen to one day in the future, as my husband laid in bed terminally ill. It worked beautifully, even for someone who was sick. Would recommend for quality and ease of use.
on 24 January 2017
Very disappointed. it worked well for about a month or so, then just turned off, and never turned back on. Have contacted Sony and the sellers, who have no interest in helping me. If you want it working for a month, buy it. If you want something ling term, don't bother!
on 26 January 2017
The best thing I ever bought for uni. Picks up from a very good distance away, sound is immaculate, unlike others which can be crackly. It is worth spending a bit more for a better one. Couldn't have got two 1st class degrees without this staple. A must have for uni/ a levels and the best one I have seen on the market. No need to pay for a more expensive one, this does it just as well. Very easy to put onto any PC with simple USB. (I even managed to get a good recording of my neighbours dog barking though our walls day and night to prove it to them)
on 2 February 2015
This was bought for my wife who has at the age of 52 entered her second year at university. She has dyslexia which makes it difficult for her to concentrate on what the lecturer is saying due to chatter from other students. I've just asked her how many stars she would give this... her instant response was FIVE and if it was an option for ten stars she would definitely say it's worth each and every one of them. She records all classroom lectures so that she can go back over them in the quite of her home study. It used to be the dining room but now we can't find a clear space on the table!
She listens to the recordings and uses the Intelligent noise cut facility which deadens all the background noise to leave a very clear recording of the main speaker which is then much easier to follow. She doesn't go anywhere without it now as she will often formulate a part of an essay and needs to get it down quickly. Her memory really is shocking so this is a real boost to her confidence.
There are a ton of other functions that she doesn't use, i.e. the file and folder functions that can be stored on a PC or even in the cloud. I set it up so that she could but taking in that as well as the huge workload from uni is more than she can manage. She is just happy to not be missing important lectures.
I can only say that if her in-doors loves it...... it's got to be good.
1010 Comments| 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 November 2015
After reading other reviews about this I decided to buy. But have to say I'm disappointed with the quality of recording. I recorded a speaker from only 2 metres away and playback made it sound as if I was in huge conference room. The build quality is very good, it feels solid in the hand, though don't be tempted to hand hold this in record mode as playback will crackle like a firework.
Move the recorder about 50 cms away from the source of sound and it performs well.
on 18 April 2017
Opened up the packaging which is fine and got the thing to record and play back ok. However, the instructions to set the time and date do not seem to work. I bought the item to record committee meetings, as I am secretary of my local camera club.

Not essential but I do like to be able to set things up properly. Early days yet I will be testing the recorder at our next meeting earl May and will report back. Very disappointed that the mic has to be purchased separately. Item is small and should be easy to use, simple record, stop and play back.
on 8 March 2017
Excellent well designed quality product. Intuitive to use, superb record quality and easy to share with PCs, etc. Playback quality is pretty good too throgh the inbuilt speaker. Standard 3.5 headphone and microphone sockets. Comes with useful PC software.
on 28 November 2016
Great sound pickup hence 3 stars, Screen is small, hence text is very small and difficult to read. The unit itself I found difficult to use as I have large hands, Would be ideal for those with 20/20 vision and small hands. If I had not used it I would not hesitate to return it.
on 11 October 2015
Received one, and returned it. Recorded sound level was so low, it was useless. Reading other reviews, it could be that my one was faulty in some way. Nonetheless, my policy is that any product which doesn't work properly on receipt gets returned, no second chances.