on 6 June 2017
I have enjoyed the previous books in this series, but this one become far to confusing as to who is fighting who, counter tactics after counter tactics in every battle, who is fighting for who on a day to day basis, continuous power struggle in Rome. It is a wonder that the Empire lasted so long or how it managed to become an Empire.
Don't know if I will manage to finish this book or purchase the next, Give me Fronto (Marius Mules) or Cato (Simon Scarrow) everytime.
Really thought Pullus was going to join these favourites of mine.
DJ
on 30 October 2016
I discovered Mr Peake very recently and since then I have been totally absorbed by the stories of Titus Pullus. I cannot wait to squire the fourth book in the series!!
on 29 December 2014
Please see my review of Marching With Caesar - Civil War. My comments apply to all of the books read so far (vols 1 to 7)
on 13 May 2016
Great read
on 15 June 2016
100% far as I'm concerned,I'm a ROMAN NUT,Makes ME feel i'm there!,no romanticism of a legonares life just true grit warts and all.
Pete
on 27 November 2015
Excellent
on 17 July 2015
great read
on 20 August 2015
What more need I say. Just finished the last one and just downloaded the next one. Here I go again.
on 8 March 2015
Again Mr Peake hits good reading
on 5 April 2013
I didn't know much about Mark Antony's invasion of Parthia so this book proved a superb informer of the trials and tribulations of Mark Antony's campaign R.W. Peake has done a great job with these books I consider that they are in the same class as Coleen McCulloughs Master of Rome series and that is very high praise indeed... This series of books concentrate on the life of a Centurion and the lives of the legionaires he commands the soldiers at the sharp end If you like it's a near as dammit true to life rendition of roman history these books are - supreme!
2 people found this helpful