on 13 May 2014
I wanted to upgrade from a failing CRT to a flatscreen TV and selected this (28" 4000 model). I guess its a cheap entry level model in Samsung's range, but nevertheless I found the image rendering onscreen rather poor. I cannot be sure how much this is down to the TV or to the cable tv service I use, but either way moving images onscreen were poor. For example, a fullscreen face would have different areas moving at different speeds - spooky! Other times I would notice areas of mush where no detail was being rendered at all... Overall, everything looked rather cartoon-like, despite the capacity for the screen to show good detail if the image was still. I had rarely been bothered by poor rendering on my CRT from the same channels. Jiggling the settings could make these problems better or worse, but not go away. I had no problem with the sound, in contrast to other comments (but the sound on my CRT had been poor anyway). The TV does have audio out sockets for auxiliary speakers...

While these issues may be solved by buying a more expensive model, the 2x0.5cm area of stuck pixels (blue) on the screen edge was a different matter. I allowed several days for these pixels to 'warm up' and did notice some improvement (it had started as an area closer to 1x2cm), but in the end why was I paying full price for a screen with this fault?

Amazon accepted the return without quibble. Great service - dubious product, based on this experience. I don't understand the gushing reviews here - did I just get a duff one?

UPDATE: Have now tried a Sony flatscreen and it is clearly NOT my cable service that was at fault. The new TV shows a great picture. The Samsung TV was a dud. Whether it was just that item or the model is not for me to comment. Have revised the star rating down accordingly.
VINE VOICEon 29 March 2014
I got this for my small private office/work/play area to connect to a Freesat system, the Freeview signal in my area is useless so I have not used that part of the telly. The office is on a South West corner and has two large windows both of which get masses of bright sunlight through. Invariable I have to shut blinds a lot of the time to be able to see my moniter screen. The telly copes well with the blinds shut or open. The colours are rich and vibrant. The sound quality is good enough for the small space, it can be turned up quite loud but I tend not to, in a lot of instances I use a wireless Blue-tooth headset so I don't upset people nearby. Through the headset the sound is good and has a quality bass to it.

The telly is extremly light, and reduces the strain on the little bracket I have coming from the corner between the windows. The bracket is used to carry a Humax Freesat receiver as well, so keeping weight down is important. I would imagine the telly would be great for use for the likes of camping, caravanning etc. Also it could be a good little telly for anywhere where space is short. I am very pleased with this purchase and would not hesitate to reccomend it.
on 18 May 2015
Replaced my almost 10 year old 26" Samsung, the on off button finally gave out.
It's like I've moved into a different century, the picture quality is far superior to the old Samsung.
Watching Game of Thrones on this 32" is a dream, I can't stop smiling.

I gave 4 stars and not 5 because I don't like the infrared receiver, it's on the bottom right under the TV, like an "add-on".
Red plastic box, usually I can't see it (TV is in my bedroom) but at night I have to turn the TV off from the plug to stop the Red light from keeping me awake.
on 28 June 2014
Samsung make good quality TVs and this is no exeption. However it states you can watch movies and play music by plugging in a usb drive or usb hard drive, not so. It does not recognise a hdd only usb flash drives. For those not sure what this means, a usb flash drive is a small stick or pen drive and the hdd is a large box approx 4in by 3in and is connected via a cable. So if you want to watch movies or play music you will have to put it on a usb flash drive.
I would still recommend this TV.
Did you know that in Denmark if the Oresund Strait freezes over and a Swede walks over to Denmark. Danes are allowed to kill him with a stick.
on 1 February 2014
Bought this for the bedroom with limited space. Wanted a slim one to fit close to the wall, bought the bracket for slim tele's too hoping it would hang like a picture. Wasn't able to do this as the power lead sticks out way too far. Wasted money on the bracket as had to get another one so the tele sits out a bit with room at the back to plug it in. Would be far better if the lead plugged in the side and didn't stick out the back. Easy to set up and freeview channels all there...it did it all itself in a few minutes, just had to follow the on screen instructions. Colour and sound ok, but it does make an odd squeaky noise every now and then. Wouldn't recommend for a lounge but ok for occasional use in a bedroom.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 March 2016
Great Television for the bedroom. My two concerns were would 28 inch be too big for the bedroom. The very narrow bezel means it feel smaller than my old 26" TV. The other concern was sound; We have a tv in the kitchen and it is really tinny. This one is fine - though it is not going to be great in a big room with movies - you would need a sound bar.
on 5 January 2014
Bought for an elderly relative wanting a no-nonsense, not huge TV that has a simple subtitle setting.
Does the job!
It is a smaller screen size than many that are in use nowadays but the relative is watching it in a smallish 'care-home' room and is fine.
I reckon if you depended upon TV and wanted to watch for long periods, you'd maybe go for a larger screen size but that shouldn't affect the judgement of what this set does.
The changer is clear and fine to use, picture and sound are good - sound suffers a tad from smaller size speakers but you'd expect that anyway. Colour, clarity, contrast of picture is great
on 1 January 2015
Buyer beware!

I bought this item on 9th Dec 2013 (New model for 2013 apparently - but apparently discontinued shortly after - why?).
It is wall mounted in our bedroom, hours use? very few!

Almost a year to the day after purchase the Picture has disappeared leaving sound only (Dec 6th 2014)
I was actually hospitalized throughout Dec to Christmas Eve). so a bit stuck on reporting the problem. My wife doesn't have access to my Amazon etc...

Seller says out of guarantee period because I couldn't report the problem till I got out of Hospital

Either way, I'd expect more from a TV than one year from a brand new TV (or is it built in obsolescence Samsung?)

I would also expect a rather more understanding or proactive approach from the re-seller.

I would suspect the business model is buy old stock cheap and sell on - lesson learned, Ill go to recognised reseller i.e. curry's in future!
on 5 May 2014
Bought to fix on the end on my wifes bed as she is totally imobile. We made a cradle for it and now she can hear and sometimes watch what is being shown. She has Stage 4 Vascular Denentia and can now enjoy, in her own way, the many hours unable to move. The picture is very clear and the set itself so neat with the facility to play DVD's for her. Although she cannot use the Control herself it is simply laid out and very compact responsive.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 July 2014
I deducted a star because there is only one scart. With older people who still have a vhs player as well as dvd, like my mother, this is a large disadvantage.
The tv is quick and simple to set u[ and the remote is not too small to use ithout reading glasses.
For a budget tv the picture is clear and sharp and the sound is adequate for the average sized room.
This is a good second tv at a bargain price