Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 8 September 2016
This review is for the iPhone 6S version

It's Expensive, but you get what you pay for. I trust this item to hold me £600 phone securely.

The Case:
+ It's very snug on your phone (phone will not fall out)
+ Despite the mechanism on the back, it is very comfortable to hold - mechanism does not interfere with a normal grip.
+ Feels like it is made of high quality material
+ It looks nice, I use it as my permanent phone case (good talking point when people ask what the back is for!)
- Touch ID does not work through the waterproof poncho (work with the normal case though)

The Bike mount
+ Very secure, even with the bands. Zip Ties included, but I don't think you need to use them.
+ Easy to mount/remove the dock.
+ Multiple band sizes for smaller frames (Zip ties will fit any frame size)
+ Very easy to attach your phone
+ Will not come off unless you pull the blue part down
+ Viewing angle is great from a standard road bike.
- Phone needs to be clipped at a 45 degree angle and then twisted, for some frames, you may need to move your light/bell slightly to accomodate this. No biggie,

The weakest part of the mechanism is the bands, but I still think they're strong enough for the job. If you're overly worried, you can always use the zip ties instead of the bands.

I searched for days to find a good universal mount for cycling / running / driving. In my opinion, Quad Lock have nailed it!

I loved the quad lock system so much that I bought the car mount and the running armband too. Everything uses the same lock system, so it's so convenient.

Overall: Fantastic product for mounting your expensive phone to. I was worries about the price, but after investing in the entire quad lock range I am happy with my purchases.
review imagereview image
on 4 December 2016
Mount didn't fit the stem on my handlebars (Giant TCR 1 2016), it's a little larger and more square than most handlebars though so I won't hold it against the product. Mounted on the crossbar of my handlebars and it sits very securely.

Drawback is that your phone won't last long with the screen always on, but again not a fault of the product. I ended up buying a Garmin GPS as my primary ride tracker.

Note you can't get to the ports with the rain poncho on - once again, not the fault of the product since if they exposed the ports it would no longer be rain proof...
on 1 December 2016
If I wasn't able to mount my phone on my bike for GPS I would get lost every single day. This has enabled me to be a confident passionate cycle commuter in one of the busiest cities.

I had never worried about the bracket and/or my phone coming off while riding over bumpy roads. I sue the rubber bands so that I can completely remove the bracket when my bike is locked up out in the open and they feel very secure. The phone case profile is small enough to use as a daily case although I think I will eventually end up with an imprint of the quad lock on my jeans.

All the parts are plastic but feel like execellent quality. Anyone that would like to ride more but is worried about getting lost like I was should get one of these. It would also be a fantastic attention for anyone that uses sports apps to track and log there rides.

I am very happy with this purchase and feel like it was well worth the price.

If I had to critasize one thing that would be the limitation to iPhone case only but you can purchase an adhesive quad lock mount so options for other phone brands do exist.
on 14 December 2016
Great product. Phone (in its case) clips on very securely and easily. The mount is flexible, in that you can place it on the handlebar or on the stem.
Four stars because there are a couple of downsides:
1. It's a bit pricy compared to competitor products (but then it is better ...)
2. Not entirely convinced about the way it is attached to the bike. I doubt how robust the bands will be if used to detach and reattach frequently, and it's a fiddle. The ties are too permanent. Surely there must be a simple quick release strap?
Anyway the result is I have ended up buying two - one for each bike. And having upgraded the phone I've had to shell out for a new case too. So, folks, this is an ecosystem and once you are in, the only thing to do is keep digging (buying more)!
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 20 August 2016
I really like this.

It was easy to fit, there are rubber bands to hold it in place on the handlebar stem, and cable ties to make sure. (I like that, my iPhone 6S plus was expensive and so I want to be confident it will not fly off!)

The phone sits snugly in the case which is made up of a back and a front.

The front is also sold separately as a poncho, which I bought thinking it was a waterproof cover, but it was provided as part of this kit. (SO I have a safe now)

I really wanted this so I could use Google Maps, and Strava.

I agree with other reviewers that at times it would be useful to be able to tilt the phone as the glare of the hot Yorkshire sun can obscure the screen, however we rarely see Yorkshire sun and so it is not a huge issue.

Everything is well made, and it just works. Perfectly. Recommended.
on 8 November 2016
Well to start this review off I’ll tell you the reason for my purchase. I brought this so I could play Pokemon Go while I was cycling.

The installation of this was really simple, you’re just playing it on the header bar using the included rubber bands and zip tie to make it secure. Once that’s complete you just put the cover on and snap it into place.

There no chance of the phone falling off, it’s on there tight! Really solid product which I now use for Pokemon Go and GPS.

My one gripe with the product is that removing the case from the clip can be a bit cumbersome ESPECIALLY when wet.

I would 100% recommend this to anyone wanting to move their phone from their pocket to a more ideal location on the bike.
on 26 August 2015
Spent ages reviewing bike mounts for the phone. This one seemed to be the best and I can confirm it is very good. I've only used the tie wraps to hold the bracket to the handle bars as I wouldn't trust the rubber bands. Spent the first 30-40 miles looking down to make sure the phone hadn't disappeared following a rough section of road. I've covered over 100 miles+ of rough/off-road since getting it and it has performed remarkably well. The only slight disappointment is that when the poncho is on using the phone is nigh on impossible whilst moving but it does keep the phone dry and that's the main point of it.
on 19 August 2016
Very impressed with how sturdy this mount is when the phone is attached to the bike, i feel like my phone is safe even in the rain thanks to the added poncho, my only negative is that my o-rings i used to attach the mount have worn and snapped buy after contacting QuadLock replacements were sent free of charge under warranty. the underside of the mount is curved (to fit round stems) so if you have anything other than a round stem you may not be able to achieve the same stability although im sure it will still hold
on 12 November 2016
I purchased the universal version with the adaptor.
I use this on my bike to mount my phone while riding. This is an exceptional mount. Really easy to mount/unmount, and really stable as well. Initially i thought that the supplied o-rings wouldn't hold this firmly in place on my handlebars, but it is very well held. No slipping whatsoever. The adaptor is very easy to attach to anything, really. Once in place, it will require a great effort to take it off.

Not any real cons. I'd just say that it's a little bit expensive, but given its quality this doesn't seem an issue.
I'd definately recommend this product.
on 19 September 2017
I bought the Quad Lock after doing a lot of research on what would give me the most flexibility.

It is reasonably easy to fit. The mount attaches to your bike using two rubber bands. How difficult it is to get these on depends on the width of your handlebars or stem, depending on where you want to mount it. You have to be pretty strong.

The case is okay. It’s hard plastic, so it doesn’t give you any grip like the Apple silicone ones do. It also has the big bulge in the back where the mount is, so it doesn’t like flat on the table. So, for me, it’s not an everyday case, but one I would swap my phone into when I am riding.

Unfortunately, it didn’t last very long because the poncho provides no protection from the weather. I took my phone out in 10 minutes of light rain, and my phone’s antenna died. Very frustrating as it is advertised as weather resistant and iPhone problems are typically not repairable (including this, I had Apple and a third party check it over) so I just had to shell out for a new phone.

I actually read a review from someone who had the same thing happen to them, and now I feel like an idiot for not taking that as a warning.

I contacted Quad Lock about the issue. They said they sympathised with my situation but were not willing to do anything about it. At very least, I would expect them to offer a refund or exchange to the model for my new phone, but apparently not. The whole experience has left a very sour taste.