on 18 November 2017
Interesting
on 1 August 2013
I did enjoy this book but not as much as the first book. I particularly liked the stories from when Brenda had spent time with each new mother. She certainly sounds like Mary Poppins working magic.
on 12 August 2013
This book is a very honest description of life in the period after the second world war. The love just shouts on every page.
on 22 January 2014
This is a pleasant easy read book, that takes a slow walk through the life of a Norland Nanny. I found it a little dull and repetitive in places, but it did contain some nice recipes, including instructions on how to make your own butter!
I doubt if I will read it again, but it did give an insight into what it meant to be a private Nanny.
on 14 November 2013
This was a very interesting book about looking after other peoples children, and how they were trained. It reminded me of the Midwives series on television. I would recommend it.
on 24 March 2014
I bought this book because I had read Brenda Ashford's first book (A Spoonful of Sugar). Although I did enjoy it I much preferred her earlier book. I found this one went over old ground; but I suppose if you hadn't read the first one that might not have been so annoying.
on 19 January 2014
A collection of some nice stories, a bit like chatting with my nan. I felt I had enough halfway through during to the largely repetitious nature of it.
on 9 February 2014
It was repetitive and overly sentimental. Some of the historical information was interesting, but not worth the trouble of reading.
on 26 October 2013
Mum was very happy with this book :)

She's not a great reader so for her to start it & keep on till the end speaks volumes.
on 18 February 2014
Preferred Brenda's first book, but this one's still enjoyable in many places. Her values and dedication are worthy of high praise but just felt this fact was a bit over-egged with all the glowing customer references put into the main read.