Customer reviews

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 March 2017
I bought this 3.5 years ago, and I am still using it and very happy with it. I travel a lot with my work, and my laptop is an essential part of my kit.
The size of regular UK 3-pin plugs was annoying inside my computer bag - and the fact that the pins protrude sideways also make them an awkward shape to pack, and the pins can damage other items.
I forget where I first heard about these plugs - on TV or in a technical magazine - but as soon as I saw them I searched online to find where I could buy one.

On average I am away from home 2-3 weeks every month and this cable is used every day.
Once the "earth"-pin is folded away the plug is only slightly larger than a European style 2-pin plug. I have added a Velcro cable tie to the cable and the whole thing packs away neatly into a small canvas pouch together with other assorted power cables, USB cables etc.

It is great that this is BS-1363 compliant. The supervising electrical maintenance engineers of the companies that I visit have to approve any electrical devices that I might need to plug into their power-sockets and use on their site - I have never had a problem with this plug..

When I go to plug this in, I basically hold it between finger and thumb - with my thumb on top, and pushing slightly forward and down on the rear-end of the red earth-pin. This stops the earth-pin folding up as you try to push it into a socket.

My original laptop power-adaptor was something of a brick, and used a clover-leaf connection. So when I saw this item, I also bought a replacement slim-line power-supply from Kensington, that also had a figure-8 connection to match this lead and avoid use of an adaptor from figure 8 to clover-leaf.

I also bought the Thin-Plug USB charger "ThinCharger".ThinCharger 2100ma
on 23 November 2017
Quirky but I like it!

Very good quality! I was cautious about the top part of this plug snapping off so am very careful in the way I treat it. Apart from that I'm very happy with this product.

Only minor observation is I will it was a little shorter! Apart from that it's perfect!
on 27 April 2017
Compact and light, ideal for travelling.
on 1 September 2013
Far far less bulky than a standard UK plug. The red earth pin folds up easily and stays in place when plugging into the socket - more so than the sliding earth pins that some mobile phone and tablet chargers have now. It's a shame that the red earth pin doesn't somehow slide further away between the two supply pins but I expect the fuse is in the way.
on 16 February 2014
It certainly does the job intended, overcoming the awkwardness in packing a UK 3-pin plug in a small bag. The folding pin moves freely, making it a little difficult to insert one-handed into an out-of-the-way socket. A shorter cable option and a lower price would be handy.
on 6 June 2015
Plug is flat as expected but the cable is longer than described - about 1.8m. I wanted the shortest cable possible because I was looking for very light for travel use. I have shortened the cable myself to 1 metre by replacing the figure of 8 connecter.
on 29 June 2014
This folding design does work well. Have used it a few times, but for travel I needed a much shorter lead. So I tend to use my old normal short lead as it is less bulky than this new one (just).
on 8 October 2013
Excellent replacement for standard power cord with my laptop.
This folds flat so no protuding pins masking holes in my luggage any more!
on 31 October 2013
Perfect for the laptop bag, why aren't all plugs like this? Recommended to all commuters in the UK who need to charge up their laptops.
on 3 January 2016
Brilliant concept, Folded, it fits in my camera case with the charger when travelling without the pins sticking out like a normal plug

See one answered question