Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 30 May 2011
me and my children have been watching these on tv on the week ends when there was nothing good on i found this on a channel just to see wot it was like and strait away we were all hooked ive never seen my kids so quiet lol 5 stat must see
on 10 March 2010
I dissagree with the negtive comments this films as enjoyable as the rest I have seen Spirted away and Princess Monko they are both great films it there own right.
And so is this it was really entertaining and the charicters were good I felt it was instresting the fact that she didnt fall in love straight away and how people first looked at her. The cat was a funny. I feel this one to watch togther as it good film if you don't want somthing to deep and just get conftable chair and coffee and sit and relax and don't take to sersouly.

Great film to relax with.
on 7 December 2003
This is one of Hayao Miyazaki;s earlier works and one that many have been waiting years to see released in Britain.
This tale follows a young witch in training named Kiki and her year away from home where she must learn to live on her own, use what skills are available to her and develope her abilities. Things do not get off to an easy start but with her natural abilities, she forms her own courier and delivery service.
This is a wonderful, lighthearted tale that is suitable for all ages and features a talking cat (way before Sabrina was created) so what more could you want? I have owned this movie on VHS (from the States) for over 5 years and have watched it many times, it is one feature I never grow tired of. However, I recommend the original Japanese language track, the Americanized language track does leave a little to be desired.
on 7 October 2007
The movie stars the following actors (listed in Japanese version/English version format):

Character - Japanese voice - English voice
Barsa/Bertha - Hiroko Seki - Edie McClurg
Kiki's Mother (Kokiri) - Mieko Nobuzawa - Kath Soucie
Kiki's Father (Okino) - Kouichi Miura - Jeff Bennett
on 22 November 2010
Have just watch this with my girls, 4 1/2 and 11 months old. A lovely film and perfect introduction to the work of Studio Ghibli (which I am somewhat of a fan). No 1 was captivated throughout (as was my wife and I) and No 2 was bouncing with excitement until she fell asleep.

A great film for the family, especially on a dreary autumn day with 2 poor girls, and massive improvement over having to sit through another my little pony or barbie dvd (cursed grannies); and now No 1's new favourite film.
on 8 November 2003
I'm so glad that they are re-releasing this on DVD, as hopefully many more will get to see what a magical, fun film it is. More people will have heard of Miyazaki since “Kiki’s Delivery Service” was first released (1989), with the fame of Studio Ghibli’s “Spirited Away”.
Expect high-quality artwork, enchanting characters and a storyline that will keep you captivated.
I know that it's cliché, but this film really is "fun for all the family". I'm 16 and thoroughly enjoy watching it, and I know that everyone else will too!
on 9 February 2011
I love Studio Ghibli for the quirky yet entralling stories. This is about Kiki, on the brink of becoming an independent witch, she heads off into the city away from her parents and to complete her training. This is truly a heart-warming story and I fell in love with Kiki's cat, who I think steals the show from Kiki! Absolutely brilliant I would recommend to all ages!
on 1 October 2010
I really enjoyed this anime. The main characters Kiki & Jiji are really likeable and I love the settings which is based in an old continental town. The story is original and charming!

Witches may not be your thing, but there is sooo much more to this film than just witches. It really is a great film and I would definitely recommend it.
on 27 January 2009
We have enjoyed several of these films, refreshingly different to Disney -Howls Moving Castle is the best but the dubbing is the same whiny american accents in all of them and you will get pretty irritated by it after a while.
on 16 March 2007
Of the true Ghibli films I have seen so far, this is my least favourite--which is to say only that it's better than most ordinary films, rather than being astonishing. It has the usual beauty and attention to detail (somewhere there's a bus with an advertisement for "Studio Ghibli" on the side), with likeable and interesting characters, but by comparison with other films such as "Laputa: Castle in the Sky", "Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind" and "The Cat Returns" I felt that the story was rather thin and erratic. I suspect this is because it is an adaptation of a book or books, which means inevitably things being cut out. Some of the incidents, such as the delivery of the "toy cat" to the little boy or the meal to the rich, surly girl, didn't seem to relate to anything else in the larger pattern of the story, and it ended with a rather perfunctory suspense scene in which I found myself getting annoyed with Kiki because instead of going below Tombo to rescue him, so that if he fell she would catch him easily, she insisted on going alongside him so that he had to reach out! I can't, of course, view this film with the eyes of an eight-year-old, as it's nearly thirty years too late, and as some reviewers on Amazon have said it may simply be a film for children, not adults. Nevertheless, this doesn't apply to "Laputa", "Nausicaä", "The Cat Returns", or even "My Neighbour Totoro", which is intended for toddlers. In summary, then, perhaps a film all children will love, but not so good for adults.