Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 June 2017
beautiful cd
on 25 September 2014
I love sarah brightmans voice, but this cd (dreamchaser), is so poor i would like my money back. She does not use her voice we all love. the songs are just mediocre,so bad infact i would not listen to it again. so so poor, you can do far better than this.
on 23 January 2014
Just played through a few times. First impressions very favourable! Liked the thematic approach. Songs suit Sarah's voice. Liked all the tracks except Song of India'. (Seems too old fashioned!)No duets was a relief, after her last album! Watched some YouTube vids, and the lighting effects in concert are amazing! A must see concert if she tours! Sorry that Frank was not producer! And Paul Bateman absent too! But the new team didn't disappoint!
on 8 April 2013
Put simply, Sarah Brightman has released the best album of her career. No more attempts at splicing classical arias with bad pop, no more cheesy lyrics. This album is a complete listening experience, she expertly weaves her way around indie classics and creates a landscape of sound which takes one on a journey. She doesn't do the usual thing of singing pop songs operatically, instead capturing something within the song which corresponds to her vision. A look at the tracklist, which seems like the most random collection of songs ever, is enough to tell you this is her most experimental and diverse album. Don't pay attention to whining fans who don't understand what the album is, take a listen for yourself.

If you're looking for a rehash of previous works then don't bother. If you want incredibly simple Europop sandwiched by something classical, don't bother. But if you want a complete and immersive listening experience, then give this a try. All the songs blend together, and make a long suite, lighter moments, such as Venus and Mars, providing relief from heavier and more solemn moments, such as Lento e Largo.

It is, as one person out, Brightman's 'gentle lunacy' which holds the album together. This selection shouldn't work, but the vision and the production absolutely make it. The whole album is closer to 'artpop' than Classical Crossover and the risks pay off, and create the most interesting crossover album ever. As one review has already stated, this is definitely not another Mothers Day Opera classics 'crossover' album, this is closer to a piece of art more than anything. Finally she has created an album with substance- Hail Brightman, the ultimate hipster!
33 Comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 June 2013
A previous reviewer noted that "you know what you are getting..." when you buy this CD. Indeed, you do. Like all Sarah's previous albums, it's beautifully performed and produced - it's a flawless product so I can't give it less than 4 stars. However, we have been over this ambient, moody & ethereal territory with Sarah so many times. I just wish that she would do something a little different for a change.

This is her first collaboration with producer Mike Hedges. I think she made the wrong choice as his work here is very much in the Frank Peterson vein, which we have come to know over the years. I think she needs a new direction / new sound / new something(!) to surprise us and move things forward. Notwithstanding all its qualities, there is something a little jaded about Dreamchaser.

This didn't come shrink wrapped and had an ugly adhesive barcode label which couldn't be removed and ruined the case. Dumb idea!
on 23 October 2014
OOK. not what expected music wise, but you cannot fault the voice. Would suggest a prior listen
before purchase.
on 13 May 2013
a bit dissapointed to be honest as i have loads of her cds but this one was a bit weird and didnt think she was up to her standards.
on 14 April 2013
Ok I've been a fan of Sarah Brightman for along time and it's always a special moment when she releases a new album and I was waiting a long time for this since her last in 2007 the fantastic "Symphony" I was expecting a great deal from Dreamchaser, Did it deliver? only partly sadly it lacks depth and strength the tracks Closer and Breathe Me stand out but the most this is forgettable and she doesn't sound like she is enjoys her self this time round, good music, good for fans and still a star to me just wish it had been a little more magic...maybe it will grow?
on 6 October 2014
I'm a fan of Sarah Brightman and I have enjoyed all of her previous studio albums until the release of a Dream Chaser. I was eagerly awaiting this album as it was a few years since the wonderful Symphany and Winter Symphany. But what a disappointment. I think the cd cover is great and ties in with Sarah's journey into space next year I was expecting something on the lines of a La Luna type of style. I listened to the first track Angel and found it a bit boring, but I was hoping things would improve, The next track One day like this is a cover of an Elbow song and quite lame, Elbow's version is much better . The tracks that followed just got worse and I particularly disliked track Lento E Largo. The tracks just all seem the same and its very repetitive . And what has happened to Sarah's lovely voice? It's not in evidence here, just a weak ,plaintive voice in the back ground drowned out by the music. The whole thing sounds like a dirge. I tried listening to this album several times in the hope that it might grow on me, but I just disliked it more and I don't want to listen to it again. I think she should ditch the producers Mike Hedges and Sally Herbert and bring back Frank Peterson. The best thing to do with this cd in my opinion is send it into orbit!
on 28 June 2013
I have always liked Brightman's singing; probably after "Phantom". However I have bought few of her recordings. No real reason; just did not. Maybe as I had many compilations which included her. With this I saw the film clip of "Angel" on YouTube. On the strength of that I bought this CD. I put it on my CD player without looking at the song/composer list. The final track "Closer" had me reaching for the cover notes. You know the feeling; when one hears a recognisable tune in an unrecognisable setting; Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells" is an iconic music composition. "Closer" uses 8+ minutes based on one piece of that tune.
If this CD had contained just "Angel" and "Closer", it would be worth the price of admission alone. That it contains far more...maybe it is Brightman's cosmonaut training...maybe not. This CD is a departure from the norm and for me, the best CD she has ever done. Then - on the DVD - is her version of Jon Anderson/Van Gelis' "So Long ago, So Clear".
What more could one want?