on 1 May 2015
It took me many years to forgive this film for the many inconsistencies between it and the TV series that inspired it. But I did, and have warmed to it over the years. Whereas the first Dalek story, both on the big screen and the small screen was an adventure story, pure and simple, Terry Nations original scripts allows for this to be a science fiction film in the classic style. It may be blasphemy to some, but I have watched this film many more times then I have the original TV story. It manages to condense a six part serial into 1 and a half hours, and looses nothing in the screen adoption.Mention has to be made of the transfer, it is perfection, this is the best quality print I have ever seen of it, and the audio track is just brilliant. Fans of both Doctor Who and Peter Cushing must add this to their collections.
7 people found this helpful
on 21 November 2015
This film was as good as I remembered it. After seeing it on TV many years ago it always stuck in my mind so when I saw it on amazon I decided to buy it and I am so glad I did it did not disappoint it is still a great watch and the passing years have not changed my opinion on this film in fact like a fine vintage wine it has improved over time now adding nostalgia to its strengths. In my opinion peter cushion makes a fine Dr Who and the Daleks have always been my favourite enemy of the doctors. A great film well worth adding to any collection, 5 stars and well deserved in my opinion.
on 18 March 2016
Its certainly worth watching and enjoyable but the black and white original episode with William Hartnell as the the Doctor is far superior. This just doesn't really have much of a Doctor Who feel to it apart from the Daleks.
One person found this helpful
on 20 May 2016
Excellent Film and Transfer It was Great to see My Favourite Doctor Who Film Restored in High Definition would recommend to any Doctor Who Fans of The 60s or Beyond.
on 14 October 2017
Ordered for a sci fi fan - hit the spot nicely!!!
on 26 December 2016
Love it, haven't been able to watch this since my old VCR died, so good to watch one of my childhood favourites again :D
on 16 March 2017
Still a great story,enjoyable entertainment.
on 27 February 2016
don't make am like it anymore shame
on 3 October 2016
Definately one of the best sci-fi movies ever made, and in the full English style. Peter Cushing and Bernard Cribbins are great. Funny and exciting ! I thoroughly recommend it.
on 24 April 2017
A Bernard Cribbins commentary would have been very welcome.