Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 11 February 2014
I confess that i've come to Little Big Town the wrong way round: the first of their music that I heard was Tornado and I love that album deeply.
I naturally then wanted to hear more from this amazing group and The Reason Why is the second of their albums that i've purchased.
For whatever reason, whilst this album is very good, for me it just lacksa a little something when compared to their latest offering.
It's not quite as polished, melodeous or harmonious. The hooks not quite as irrisistable as Pontoon or Your Side of The Bed.
It's still great and well worth buying, it's just not quite their best work that's all.
on 2 August 2017
Great album. No need to say any more.
on 4 May 2017
Happy
on 27 August 2010
Wow - what a revelation this is. Having been disgruntled for years by lack of Fleetwood Mac releases and any new exciting artists in the vocal harmony genre, this band has just blown me away. I picked up their first three albums in New York last year and have been falling slowly and deeply in love with a sound that is classic yet contemporary and utterly beguiling. I honestly didnt think that the sheer beauty of Fine Line, Thats where I'll be and Life in a Northern Town could be surpassed ... I was wrong. This album positively radiates with warmth, musical integrity and fine songwriting prowess. Being a pro musician myself, I know how rare it is for the equation of perfect songs, perfect vocals, and perfect production to come together as one - this album is a perfect example of that rare happening. Standout tracks are Shut Up Train, Rain on a Tin Roof and Lean into It. I was suprised by the lyrical maturity and poetry lurking within these songs and the passion for music and musicality within the band is obvious. Forget genre and labels, if you appreciate fantastic music that pulses with passion and integrity, then buy one album this year. This one.
on 4 March 2011
Ok. I'm English and so what do i know about country... ? Well, i've listened to a helluva lot. And if years of buying and listening counts for anything then i hope my opinion counts for something.... And my opinion is that this the best country album i have ever heard ! Every track , in it's own way, wins you over. Yes it has some influences... Fleetwood Mac would be the obvious one... but it's all done so perfectly and with passion and attitude that is sadly missing from so many albums ... I love it ... try it.. they will entrace you.
on 3 April 2011
saw this group at the Grand Ole Opry in Tennessee March 2011--- brilliant,they sang a couple of songs from the album,so impressed went back to the hotel and ordered the CD from Amazon so that it would be waiting for me when I got home.
I'm not really a country fan but Little Big Town are an impressive quartet that are very easy to listen too.
subsequently bought their other 2 albums- The Road To Here and A Place To land
on 31 August 2010
I have just listened to the new Little Big Town album all the way through and have to say I am sorely disappointed.
I have "The Road to Here" and "A Place to Land" and have always loved them. LBT have always been a cut above other country groups with their wonderful four part harmonies and sly sense of humour (as in "Welcome to the Family" and "Wounded").
It saddens me to say that this album sounds nothing like the Little Big Town I know. Gone are the catchy up-beat tunes that endeared me to them the first time round. Gone are the heart breaking melodies. People seem to be talking about "Little White Church" with affection but compared other previous songs it is pretty dull.
In fact the whole album is just that - dull. It sounds like the most average plodding middle of the road country album you've ever heard. There seems to be no passion or enthusiasm, they sound quite bored when performing to be honest. There is no zing or life like there used to be. Even the slower more thoughtful songs lack that heartfelt quality that made previous tracks like "Live with Lonesome" so poignant.
I don't what has happened - maybe it's the old story of studio execs coming in and trying to make them more commercial and in doing so have stripped away all the individuality that made them so great in the first place. I'm afraid my copy is going straight on ebay. I was so looking forward to this album!
on 29 July 2013
first listen through left me a bit less than impressed but it grew on me very quickly and it is on repeat play for the moment. love it.
on 13 December 2015
Fantastic product and great service
on 13 December 2014
A great sound from a new group