on 1 February 2014
This is reassuring common sense. If you don't want to let baby "cry it out" this gives a brief outline of other techniques that you can use. I love that it allows you to choose a method of intervention which suits your family and their specific needs. It doesn't pretend to be a quick cure but simply a support to parents who are struggling to get baby to sleep.
on 13 November 2013
This is only a short book but don't think it's a lightweight. It contains tons of helpful advice for parents who don't want to just let their baby 'cry it out.'
In fact the snappy chapters were all a sleep deprived mum could take ;-)
Really helpful methods presented in a readable manner.
on 16 October 2013
This book has some great info on several different options available to help your baby to sleep all. Instead of reading 5 fat books, read this one thin one instead. Within a couple of hours you will have several techniques at your fingertips.
on 28 November 2017
Good tips which never thought of.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 June 2013
I recently bought this book, and cannot recommend it enough. It offers great sensible advices to parents to help them help their baby settle themselves. Rebecca Welton is a mum herself and she offers techniques that she tried and tested herself. She experienced first hand the problems of sleep deprivation and knows how parents can feel in this situation, which I think makes this book even more interesting. The book is not big (just over 100 pages), so can easily be read from cover to cover in one sitting. You don't have to go through a massive guide of "how to" and can quickly tackle your problem. It is a simple guide that can help you greatly through the sleepless nights or problems with napping.

Since buying this book, my baby has started to settle herself to sleep. There is still work to do, but this book gave me great confidence to tackle the problem heads on.
on 22 December 2015
This book is thinish, but full of some amazing advice. My baby is almost 4 months old, so currently i am unable to get her to sleep through the night due to feeds as stated in the book, however getting her to sleep is a different matter. I was actually quite shocked to realise i was already using the 'gentle' technique found in this book for her bed time routine. Bath, baby massage, reading, then as she became drowsy after/during her bottle, put to bed, use a light ball that plays music and projects light, say goodnight, kiss then leave, if baby yells, go back in and say its okay its okay to calm, then say night and leave again.If she cries we pick her up, give her a bottle until shes drowsy again and repeat putting down again. I'm sure as she gets older she may start to make a fuss and there are plenty of other techniques to use in this book. Rebecca also explains why babies cry etc. to give a better understanding of how to make them understand its bedtime. I hate controlled crying, i believe being supporting and showing love to baby makes for a better relationship which rebecca fully promotes. Excellent book!
on 17 December 2013
I was recommended this book as an easy read of techniques to help me help my older baby go to sleep and sleep through (including not feeding to sleep). It's a simple read and gives techniques in bullet points, summarising nicely (with no real need to read much else if you don't have the time, or inclination to read into the whys etc). It's a good summary of a number of other 'no crying' books, just seems to focus on the how to do it more making it an easier read than some of the others (who do get credit where it's due in this book).

It's not particularly rocket science, just gives the confidence to give things a whirl, whether the techniques work or not is up to the reader, and how they apply them. It's nice not to have to go down the controlled crying/cry it out route (particularly as I have a toddler who gets disturbed by prolonged crying).
on 9 February 2014
My son was 7 months old and had never slept through the night, it was the worse that it ever had been with him waking several times (mainly for his dummy). I was very emotional and felt that I had tried everything that I could (from hours of research on the internet) to improve the situation. Then we came across this book and we realised that he had a 'sleep association' with his dummy and needed it to drift back off. So we had 2 options, try and get rid of the dummy or use a Sleep Tot Bunny. We did try to ditch the dummy but it was very distressing for both him and us so we opted for the Sleep Tot Bunny instead. Within a few nights he was sleeping for almost a 10 hour stretch, waking just once for a feed.
I don't know where we would be without Rebecca's great advice, thank you so much, you have helped me feel sane again!
This book is perfect for those parents who just don't feel comfortable letting your baby 'cry it out'! Highly recommend.
on 14 May 2015
as expected
on 25 May 2013
An easy and understandable books proving clear tips and advice for helping baby to sleep. Written honestly and with personal anecdotes it feels more like advice from a good friend than a technique book. I would highly recommend reading - it's been a godsend to us.