on 11 November 2013
I work in forestry and there are many times when my team needs motivational music. Let me say that the Boombotix REX provides that sweet music and then some. This speaker has been in rain and mud and is still playing strong. The REX is so loud you won't even believe it the first month you own it! Battery life is amazing and the clip on the back is super handy. Clip it to your backpack for hiking, or mountain biking. I would highly recommend this speaker if you are the outdoor type and want to spice things up during your activities!

Update: I totally dropped my Rex off cliffs multiple times already while working in the forest. The speaker is still working great and luckily I got it in Savage Green so I can always find it when I drop it!
on 12 October 2013
Fantastic little speaker that deserves a review. This originally caught my eye as wanted a speaker I could clip to my backpack whilst riding to work to receive calls and listen to music without wearing headphones which block out the sound of traffic to avoid accidents and it serves its purpose great. I've hand many other portable speakers in the past but this thing I tend to take around with me everywhere as it seems to be more built to be thrown about and just really nice to use. Very impressed how easily this pairs over Bluetooth without having to input any pairing code and makes a cool noise when it connects and switches on which is different. At home I use mainly use as a Bluetooth audio receiver to stream music to my home audio system and control from my iPhone. Highly recommend this speaker.
on 29 October 2013
There are a ton of Bluetooth speakers on the market, but when I was searching, I found that this one has a built-on clip. As a bike commuter, that was probably one of the more exciting features. I assumed that the sound would be mediocre, but I really loved the portability. Two days later, I received my Boombot and found it came with a pretty swell little hexagon box and all the required cables. It was really easy to pair with my iPhone and Macbook. When I fired it up, I was like BLOODY HELL this thing is wicket loud. I took it for a spin around the neighborhood and I actually had to turn the volume DOWN to not disturb the peace.

The speaker has a good microphone in which I use for phone calls on the go and for riding directions. It is pretty handy having it play music while also reading me my turn-by-turn directions. Although this speaker is a tad more expensive than some of the other ones on the market, the quality really does show.
review image
on 11 November 2013
I am a true fan of the REX. I had heard about Boombotix through a friend of a friend but really didn't think twice because there seems to be hundreds of portable speakers on the market. I finally got one, as a gift, and almost became a spokesperson for Boombotix (they should hire me!). I cannot stop raving about these speakers! Not only are they incredibly light but they are SO loud. The sound quality and volume on these things is really mind-blowing. As a hip-hop dancer on a professional dance company, I can tell you that I've seen them all and none are like these. They're small. They're LOUD. They're unbelievably durable. They rock bluetooth. They are 100% worth the price.

Let's just say...I know what I'm getting my mom, sister, coworkers, friends, and roommates for Christmas this year.
on 7 November 2013
I wanted this speaker since I saw them at the sf bike expo. these things pack a huge punch for the small package. the sound is amazing for what it is. they stand up to a beating, as i have crashed my bike several times while wearing the boombots. no change in quality. i love these things and they are way safer than rocking earphones.
on 28 August 2014
For its size the boombot is excellent. It pairs easily and makes a great speaker for watching movies with, adding a depth of sound missing from the standard iPad speakers.

My only (minor) irritation was that it wasn't supplied with a right-angled 3.5 mm lead which meant the standard lead poked straight out the back. Easily solved with a lovely Belkin less that was a fantastic color match. Did cost an extra £10 which makes this nearly a £100 portable speaker!

Bought this to take camping and it performed brilliantly. The battery life was more than enough and the clip on the back proved very useful.

Overall I would recommend this speaker but didn't look at any alternatives so cannot comment on how it compares in its market place.

Money well spent and 5/5!
on 4 November 2013
Amazing durability and great sound for such a little speaker. I did endless amounts of research and in-store testing on speakers that claim to be the best of its size and I found that the Rex was the only one who could claim the title. Perfect for an active lifestyle and portable enough to take with you anywhere.
on 7 November 2013
After doing a whole lot of research (1 week worth) it was easy for me to say that I wanted the Boombotix REX. It's not only extremely affordable, but blows away the likes of Jawbone, Beats, and Phillips in terms of performance and function. Highly recommend.
on 7 November 2013
Great speaker. I love the rugged feel and the water resistant. You can see the battery life of the specker on your status park on your iphone. It's loud and clear, small, and great for travel. Perfect combination.
on 7 September 2014
Small but very loud. Not as much bass as advertising would lead you to believe but its small size packs a punch. Got it as an easy car stereo replacement in my 1974 Beetle and it works a charm.