Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.81

on 30 October 2013
I got this book as a freebie on my kindle and was intrigued by the subject matter and impressed by the reviews. It started well and I was enjoying it up until Alice was in hospital. Without wishing to spoil the story for anyone, my feeling was that the book then lost the opportunity it had to explore the reasons for Alice being in the state she was and to explain what had happened to her in some detail. I was disappointed by the sudden end of the book without any real explanation or conclusion. I felt the end was rushed.
on 3 November 2013
This sounded really interesting and as it was free I had nothing to lose by reading it. For a storyline it was very good but despite the promising beginning it really went nowhere. It was very repetitive and hard to keep track of what was happening and how/why as the author didn't handle the story too well. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone as the hard slog just isn't worth it.
on 19 January 2014
I am so glad I didn't pay money for this book. Thankfully it is short, so I didn't waste too much time.
The story has a promising start. It then gets lost in completely pointless filler that adds nothing but extra pages. I get the feeling the author wrote a story and needed to pad it out a lot.

The ending is truly awful and leaves the reader wondering what actually happened.

Really, do yourself a favour and do not read this.

I genuinely felt I could have written a much better story using the same plot, I don't rat myself as an author, so that should tell you a lot about this book.
on 3 November 2013
I chose this book because of the great reviews and after reading first few chapters had great hopes for this book. I kept reading each chapter thinking next chapter will explain what happened to Alice then suddenly too late for explanations I was at end of the book. I finished this book without really getting to know the characters which I think was a great opportunity missed.
on 7 November 2014
What started out to be a really good read I must agree with other reviewers regarding the ending.

It was as though the author ran out of steam and couldn't think how to finish it. Don't think I would read anything else from Susan Hooper.
on 16 February 2014
At first it seemed very promising. I was keen to find out what actually happened to Alice during the year she 'lost' and read the book over one day. The story's basic concept is a good one and does draw the reader in. However, the ending was rushed and for me a total let down. It could have been so much better!
on 30 October 2013
My mistake was starting this book just before bed, my intention was to read the first few pages just to see what it was like, once you start this book it's impossible to put down .
On Sunday 25th September Alice leaves her husband Ben looking after their three month old son Robbie while she nips out to the shops she returns one year and one hour later with her bag of groceries to find toys in the garden, the birdbath has been painted, a toddler car seat in Bens car not the baby one that Robbie uses. She has no memory of anything other than going to the shop, what has happened to the year and why is she still lactating.
The start of this book just gripped you and it promised so much and while I felt it was amazing the ending was a huge disappointment.
on 3 November 2013
Interesting premise. Bought the book thinking it would be a good read and something different. It started out well, and I found it coherent and interesting. But then it kind of just fizzled out a bit and the ending left me thinking "what, that's it?"
Maybe its just me but I was expecting an explanation of what had happened to her.
Overall, a good book, but the ending just wasn't for me. If you're not bothered about having things explained then it probably won't bother you. If, however, you are like me and don't like vagaries, then perhaps better to avoid.
on 31 October 2013
Pointless read, I was glued to the book couldn't wait to find out what had happened& how all the questions the story created were going to be explained & just as it was drawing to a close it ends (mid word) it doesn't make a bit of sense (maybe its just me?) glad I didn't pay for it!
on 3 November 2013
I ordered this as a free kindle book and enjoyed the first half of it. The writing was pacey and I became engrossed in the story. However, like other reviewers have mentioned, the ending was lacking without a clear explanation. Left me feeling deflated!