on 18 July 2017
It's not what I thought it would be - it's okay though. I think I was expecting some kind of yoga guide, so maybe that's my fault for not reading the intro properly.
on 20 May 2017
More an informational guide to yoga for beginners with a few personal anecdotes thrown in. Not the personal exploration I was expecting but still a good informative read for newbies and beginners.
on 3 June 2017
I found it very interesting and learned a lot about different types of yoga
on 16 May 2017
Interesting read.
on 6 March 2015
so true
on 5 May 2013
I found this book to be really refreshing. Carla McKay's account of her introduction to Yoga is honest, funny and very relate-able. I found the history lesson fascinating, and those that want an accurate concise overview of the practise of Yoga will enjoy it too.

The most interesting theme within the book however, is her personal transition from total sceptic to full believer, the manner to which this is told had me laughing out load.

Ultimately this is a great little book that is packed with the facts you want, whilst telling a personal story in a really authentic way.

Well worth a read.
on 18 August 2016
So dull and tedious. Thought it would be about a reluctant person learning to love yoga and their journey. I've got no idea. I've got about half way and stopped. Sorry but I wish I hadn't wasted my money.
on 21 March 2013
I read Carla McKay's front-page piece about yoga in the Daily Mail which was very funny - and got the book which is even better and more informative. I had never thought about doing yoga. If you are a dyed in the wool yoga nut, this book is not for you. Carla hasn't stopped drinking wine with her friends, or changed her diet (that much). The only people I know who do it tend to be slightly nutty. But reading Carla's book and how she felt better, lost weight, slept better, looked younger I am looking to give it a try. What is not to like! The story how she was reunited with her husband was quite touching. She doesn't make a direct link with yoga, but I bet it had a lot to do with it.
on 25 February 2015
I absolutely loved this book. So much information in an easy to understand format. Would highly recommend to anyone. It has certainly opened my eyes to yoga and that it can help absolutely everyone in so many ways.
on 19 August 2013
Beautifully written....an easy style of writing you feel you are listening to your best friend over a coffee or a large glass of wine....proof Yoga is not just for the super waif model or vegan film star.