Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 1 March 2017
Excellent, cogent book.
on 7 October 2013
Required reading for everyone who intends to vote. This is, in my opinion, a balanced and considered view of the subject and it allows the issue of immigration to be debated (a tabboo, it would seem at the moment).
on 1 July 2013
Superbly researched with facts, figures and references to support his polemic.
A daring book that questions the so called that the UK has been forced fed for years.
on 24 May 2017
Everyone should read this book.
on 3 November 2014
This is *the best* of all books I have ever read concerning diversity and immigration (and I have read more than 20, concerning diversity and immigration in places as diverse as Italy, Spain, France, Germany, the USA, Britain or Quebec). The authour approaches the subject from all imaginable angles, and the amount of information and subtle insights provided by the authour in a bit more than 250 pages is overwhelming. The book is never boring, and 90% of all that is said is applicable, mutatis mutandis, to any other western country. Absolutely brilliant.
on 1 January 2017
Could not put this book down, time to expose the lies...only thing I disagree with, the author is to kind on islam...I give it NO quarter, this author distinguishes between islamism and islam, I like many make NO such distinction.
on 25 August 2014
Every single individual with an interest in the UK - or even Europe - should read this. For most of the last decade I have been shaking my head in disbelief at what I have seen, heard and read on the streets, on the tv, in the media from politicians and various other mouth-pieces. I feared at some points that I was the only sane person left in the country. I suspected that others shared my views but were often too scared to speak.. the wine bars of central London can be intimidating places when surrounded by a middle-class, 'supposed -to-be-liberal' crowd...of brain-washed sheep. I feared that I would have to write this book myself but thankfully I didnt have to, since it wouldn't have been as brilliantly written as this book. If Im being honest it probably wouldnt have been written at all. The author should be proud of this and more importantly it should be read by everyone!
on 10 August 2013
Well written, demonstrating clear logical argument, supported by a range of theory and perspectives from academics, journalists and others. Ed West explains and challenges late 20th century political policy and examines the social consequences in respect of immigration and diversity.
on 1 June 2015
A tremendous read and very informative. It truthfully explains the folly of mass immigration, not controlled immigration. It also explains the about the failed social engineering experiment of multiculturalism, diversity and political correctness. A highly recommended read.
on 17 March 2016
This is a very lively and thought-provoking book. Ed West is a journalist who is currently Features Editor of the Catholic Herald.
Those who claim that Britain is a nation of immigrants are confusing us with the USA. The US-born playwright Bonnie Greer claimed that “there are no indigenous British people.” Not so. Three quarters of the ancestors of the present population of the British Isles were here 7,500 years ago.
West points out, “Once able to govern collectively, the nation-state was able to create that fantastic testimony to man’s capacity for good – the welfare state.” And, “The national community is the only environment in which democracy has thrived …”
But mass immigration puts a big strain on community cohesion, because it adds to the demand for public services when government spending cuts are reducing the resources for us all. Education, health services, welfare and housing are all under strain. For example, a one per cent increase in the number of households raises house prices by eight per cent: and between 1991 and 2006, 989,000 non-UK nationals moved to London.
West cites Dagenham’s Labour MP Jon Cruddas: “immigration has been used as an informal reserve army of cheap labour. People see this at their workplace, feel it in their pocket and see it in their community – and therefore perceive it as a critical component of their own relative impoverishment. Objectively, the social wage of many of my constituents is in decline. House prices rise inexorably, and public service improvements fail to match local population expansion. At work, their conditions, in real terms, are in decline through the unregulated use of cheap migrant labour.”
West also cites Karl Marx: “The main purpose of the bourgeois in relation to the worker is, of course, to have the commodity labour as cheaply as possible, which is only possible when the supply of this commodity is as large as possible in relation to the demand for it.” So it is no surprise that major US corporations spent $345 million lobbying for pro-immigration bills in just two years. And it is no surprise that the EU, the Employers’ Union, promotes the free movement of labour.
So West urges us to restrain immigration, and to impose far stricter rules on marriage, which is the least progressive form of immigration, being almost entirely within ethnic groups.
West points out that our membership of the EU makes it impossible for us to control our borders and that we need to do so. Inside the EU we cannot control our borders. Inside the EU we will be made to join the euro. Inside the EU we will be forced to merge into a single EU state.
French President Francois Hollande says that EU members must pull closer together and if Britain doesn’t like that, we should leave. “The only road for those who are not convinced of Europe is to leave Europe…. It is the logical path.” He asked on 7 October 2015, “Do you really want to participate in a common state? That’s the question.”

Our answer must be no. We must vote to leave the EU.