on 25 September 2013
Needed an additional handset to add to existing BT2000 trio setup which only came with three in the box: plugged it in, charged it, answered yes to the find base question and that's all there was to it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 January 2015
I bought a single BT2000 phone as I already use a standard BT phone downstairs and I wanted a portable one to be near the laptop.

I had only bought one BT2000 phone because upstairs there is only one phone socket in the master bedroom not near the mains socket in the same room. Yes, I know the second phone would not need a phone socket but it still meant trailing power flexes from one of the bedrooms.

Someone said you could manage with just one base unit in work so I decided to buy the additional handset.

They have proved to be right. Having the first handset fully charged, I registered the second phone to the first base - this did not involve the second base unit at all.

I then left the second handset to charge while the first was lying next to it. I even found I could send the contact list from the first handset to the second automatically.

All I have to remember is to swap over the handsets when the one on the base unit is fully charged. If I forget it will only mean the phone upstairs won't ring. I'm keeping the second base upstairs for use if necessary.
on 9 June 2016
I am on my third handset, all the previous have just stopped working after short power failures. This includes the base set version which had a similar issue. On all occasions the seller and Amazon have replaced but now I don't know what to replace with.
on 5 March 2016
This phone may claim DECT GAP compatibility but I cannot register it as an additional handset to a BT Diverse base station, my Fritz.Box! router or a Panasonic base station. This is a problem with this phone model. It claims connection, but any functions that require the base station fails. I suspect it connects only to the BT 2000/2500 base station. Useless.
on 7 May 2017
My sister uses this phone n her bedroom.Unfortunately she is disabled and cannot avoid pressing the key pad with too much pressure.This phone replaces the one she has as the keypad does not work when she uses it
on 1 November 2015
To be honest, the phone feels a bit "plasticy" and there is a very limited choice of ring tones that all all a bit tinny. It works straight out of the box. Pairing with the base station is VERY easy. If you want something better you will have to pay more.
on 27 June 2017
better to buy as many as you need rather than add one on but saying that it worked quite well we have thick stone walls so phone extensions can be problematic
on 8 May 2013
I bought this to add to a double handset unit purchased just before. Works perfectly with the base station and provides useful link with other parts of the house. Nothing to get excited about really but very good unit all round - and delivery and price were very good too.
on 16 March 2017
Prompt delivery. Took only seconds to link to existing phones. Just what I needed.
on 2 May 2016
I needed an additional set for a room in my new extension. As I already had three of this make, this is an ideal extra.