Customer reviews

Colour: Black|Change

on 7 March 2017
This was the second Smart Body Analyser I had purchased. The first one failed and began to erratically switch between metric measures and pirate measures completely at random even when it was not in use. Withings claimed this was because I was using these bathroom scales in my bathroom and steam had condensed inside the unit. My own stupid fault! Imagine using bathroom scales in a bathroom! I feel like a right clown!

Before purchasing these I had also checked Withings website to see if they had any new products as I had the previous one for nearly a year. Nothing new was mentioned so I bought this pair again. Next day about 10 mins after they were delivered and opened Withings announced their new Cardio model. If I had a quid for every time this happens to me I'd be a millionaire.

As to the scales, they work well the display is clear, the app is good and they are compatible with Apple HeathKit. Only criticism would be that it seemed a bit confusing how to set them up for multiple users. I never really needed this however so I didn't spend too much time on it. It has probably been addressed by now I imagine.
on 31 May 2017
I’m giving this such a low rating basically due to the fact its failed so quickly, although of course out of warranty!

Bathroom scales generally last until you get bored of them. Spend £150 on these, and I got just over 2 years of usage.

Break that usage down, and it’s pretty ugly reading:

Two people in my house, we probably weigh in on average about 10 times a week total, let’s say that takes 30 seconds per weighing, so in actual fact as its now completely dead after less than 10 hours of usage! The product has just lived in the bathroom, and hasn’t a mark on it. It’s just failed.

Being slightly more objective about things, and frankly having had this for just over 2 years, the ownership process has been interesting. Early on the app was prone to crashes, but they have ironed that out. The app is now nice, but nothing special – but its functional. The scales, worked fine for about a year, then the screen stopped working, but we still got measurements, and before I complained it started working again, and of course now it’s completely dead. The scales also quite often lost the kg/lb setting – easy enough to rectify, but I’m not quite sure why it would lose it so often – probably once every 4 to 6 weeks I would be resetting it.

What we do like is the graphics and user history. We also have the blood pressure gauge, so you do start to have some history. I can look at a graph and say ‘that peak there – that was Thailand!’.

Concept is great, and possibly I’ve just been unlucky, but it does show the cost of tech when it goes wrong quite starkly.

Off to write to Withings next and see their take on this.
on 9 June 2015
Beautiful styling, but very temporamental. Have tried it with Wifi and had major problems synching. Now have it on bluetooth synching to my mobile. Worked well for two weeks, but inexplicably refuses to synch again. The only solution offered (although not yet proven) seems to be a factory reset, but then all data is lost. Not worth buying until Withings can sort out these major issues. A pity, as they are a lovely pair of scales, but they definitely do not do what it says on the tin, at least not consistently.
on 1 March 2017
I'm mainly very pleased. I love the way it syncs (painlessly) with the Withings Health Mate app on my Android phone. I also have a Withings Steel HR watch and a Withings wireless blood pressure monitor.

The scales seem very accurate for weight (main purpose after all). However, I am sceptical about the body fat % monitor which fluctuates too wildly to be credible. I'm also a bit sceptical about the heart rate measurement for similar reasons. The air quality monitor is fairly meaningless and if you think I will take seriously a weather forecast from my scales, provided by an anonymous partner... Really? To get honest, I love the scales (and they look awesome). But then I have more money than sense...
on 10 May 2016
Terrible save your money. Supplied batteries went flat in 15 mins of using. Constantly wouldn't connect to my Iphone via blue tooth or WiFi and never once did it read my body fat % and heart rate with no explanation of why! Returned after 3 days of perseverance, I really wanted this thing to work I went through the online help trying to get some semblance of sensibly out of it. Gave up and got a refund. OH it told me how much CO2 was in the atmosphere, brilliant, all I wanted was my body fat graphed! I don't know if any of the competitors are any better but for £100 for bathroom scales I expected a lot better!!!!
on 18 November 2014
I've had the scales for a few weeks now and have been playing e-mail tennis with withings customer support as I can only get the CO2 and temperature readings to sync when the scale is set up via bluetooth. When connected via wifi all other readings except the above sync, no problem. So after trying various resets and re-associating the scales with the app, withings have got no further ideas so I am returning my scales for a replacement from amazon.

The scales themselves are a sleek, good looking product and all works well (apart from the snag above) I have already learnt that the CO2 flies up in my room when i shut the window and this is probably leading to drowsiness in the evening. Fat % reading seem to vary a couple of % but overall the readings are steady enough to create a good trend.

The app is well made and informative and ties in well with other fitness trackers such as myfitnesspal.

They are expensive but at the same time are a quality build and add an extra dimension to your fitness suite.
44 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 June 2017
I bought these scales in Sept 2015 and they were superb and worked flawlessly with the iOS Withings Health app which integrated well with Apple Health. Nokia has taken over Withings and in their wisdom decided to completely re-write the Health Mate app an have ruined it and broken the Apple Health integration. As a result the functionality of these scales is very limited until the app is sorted out, a quick look at the app review in Apple App Store will show the level of dissatisfaction from the current user community. I would not recommend buying any of the Nokia rebranded hardware until they have sorted out the serious app issues
on 20 October 2014
This is an outstanding product. Like all Withings hardware it is very well designed and has an Apple-level of quality about it. Setting it up via my iPhone and connecting to my WiFi router was child's play - extremely easy. I didn't even have to enter the router's password. Now that it is set up for myself and my wife either of us can simply step on the scales and it just works. It knows immediately who is standing on the scales and it sends to the website and iPhone the info on weight, body fat, heart rate, CO2 and weather (weather forecast? do we really need this on a set of scales?). NB when you are setting up an account make sure that you enter correct current weight for each user - this is how the scales can identify who is standing on them.
on 7 February 2017
Seriously these scales are utterly useless. There are major hardware/software issues with these, just take a look around social media.

Not long after buying these scales we noticed that the weight measurement would revert back to lbs. Every day I would pick them up, change it back to KG and the cycle would begin again. Then we noticed that the scales would randomly light up and scroll through the options, most spooky, unless we have a weight conscious poltergeist!

Withings obviously know that there is a serious problems and these scales are not fit for purpose. Look around on social media, you will see hundreds of customers with the exact same issue.

Please take heed before you purchase, otherwise go for the Fitbit Aria, it may have outdated wifi, but it just works!
on 30 July 2017
Accurate. Works first time every time. One criticism isnthatnit seems to randomlynswitch between kilograms and pounds from one day to the next with no reason which is really confusing and annoying and irritating and frustrating.