on 9 July 2015
Fantastic what more can i say, i love period drama books and this is one of the ones i'd read over and over again.
on 1 April 2016
Light easy read. Felt uncomfortable initially that Shannon was 'copying Jane Austen's style and plot' however I loved it, to the extent I had to force myself to put the book down; a page turner.
on 18 July 2017
Really enjoyed reading it; loved the fact that the characters were true to those created by Jane Austen. I hope the next book is just as engaging.
on 16 August 2014
Good read .You must read Jane Austin's Pride and Preducice first or this makes no sense
on 28 July 2014
What will happen now that Mr. Bennett has died? The story concentrates on Mary Bennet which is a good idea, but a lot of the plot is lifted from "Jane Eyre". Did she really think people would not notice? Zero points for originality! The Americanisms are also very irritating. There are now hundreds of Jane Austen spinoffs and sequels and I have not yet found any that are any good.
on 11 July 2014
This story concentrates mostly on Mary, the 'Plain Jane' poor- musician - boring - old - maid Bennett sister, and unfolds her life, making her a far more interesting, talented and gentle creature than she appeared to be in 'Pride and Prejudice', I have to say that some of the American expressions and spellings jarred a little, but this was an enjoyable read, well written and accepting that Jane Austen is an impossible act to follow, the author has done well in presenting a good cleverly thought out sequel.
on 26 July 2017
A very pleasant read. A well executed continuation to the classic story from another credible viewpoint
on 27 August 2014
Obviously written by an American, with appalling spelling, and expressions which no English person would use, let alone an English person in the time of Jane Austen. The author should have submitted the MS to an English proofreader who knew Jane Austen' s work.I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
on 21 January 2014
Just like the "The Darcys of Pemberley", I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I was sorry to finish it and wished there could have been another one but I suppose there is a limit to how far the story of the Bennett family can go.
on 23 May 2014
A good story completing the progress of the Bennet girls into marriage. As a novel of the Pride and Prejudice series, it would be better written in English, as Austen's novels, rather than American English. To read such as "she once again chose", "honor" and other Americanisms spoilt my enjoyment by bringing me out of the era of the novel into the present day, as I wanted to correct them. However, worth buying and it was written such that I fell for Mary quite early on in the novel! Furthermore, I shall continue to read Ms Winslow's future novels in this era.