on 27 April 2018
It does what it says on the tin - good collection with good cast interviews/extras. But a few superfluous extras too. Some panel discussions about the films, as well as Starfleet Command pieces (obviously computer enhanced) which don’t add much to the collection. But a good collection to have for any fan
on 15 March 2016
Very pleased with this collection, delivered quickly, the product itself is presented well in a slipcover box with all discs enclosed inside. Contains 10 awesome Star Trek films, beautifully done in blu ray and at an amazing price. My partner will be very pleased with this gift! Would definitely recommend to fans of Star Trek and newcomers alike.
4 people found this helpful
on 28 December 2016
Excellent box nice and tidy and the blu ray does look better than the old versions. I couldn't always see the difference in picture quality but on these I can. Menus are easy to use too.
3 people found this helpful
on 1 February 2016
This box set is a good way to get all the movies. Regardless of the quality of the films themselves, which can vary from very good (Wrath of Khan) to "I wasted two hours of my life" (Nemesis), this set includes good quality copies of all 10 films (not including the reboots) and a decent amount of bonus features. Working out at about £2.50 per film, would reccommend
One person found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 4 November 2017
Good value for money collection of the main movies, very pleased although the multi case is a bit of a faff from which to remove and replace discs.
One person found this helpful
on 4 August 2014
Very happy with the HD quality of the movies – and having never seen the extras before, I’m quite pleased with those too. Like everyone else, I would prefer the extended/directors cuts but I’ll settle for this. My one big complaint is the box. Near impossible to close it again once opened.
3 people found this helpful
on 8 August 2013
been watching the price of this set to reach a decent price for ages.(£53 at the time of purchase)
seems to be even cheaper now (£49!)
excellent set of films, always wanted to see them in HD, shame the Motion Picture doesn't include the Directors Cut, but it's no big problem.
rest of the set look awesome, great set of extras on all films.
don't need to explain the stories, google can do a better job at that.
all films come in one case (bit fiddly closing, have to align the films caddy correctly for case to close)
overall:
fantastic blu ray si-fi, 10/10
on 5 June 2018
The collection is completely fantastic. I truly love how they added the original theatrical front covers on these steelbooks. The collection includes gorgeous visuals, very beautiful picture quality, impressive sound background, plus it's every Star Trek fans biggest dreams come true. Despite the BIG prices, it's definitely worth your time and money. The stories, characters, scripts and villians are the greatest things you'll ever experienced.
on 9 June 2013
Some have complained that this release is missing this and that, or that no-one would buy this because they should have bought some other edition. So what. I wanted the movies on Blu-ray. I didn't have them. Now I do and I am very happy with this set for the price that I paid - just over £7 per film.
4 people found this helpful
on 1 February 2015
A must for Trekkie fans who originally bought the films on VHS. I was tempted to knock one star off because the films aren't the director's cut edition, but I don't think there's much, if anything, of significance missing. The longest cut (12 minutes) is from the original movie and to be honest it probably improves it!