on 3 April 2013
Where next? Stephen Ayres continues to fascinate with the second book in the Three Feet of Sky series. Although set in an 'alternative' world, his characters continue to fascinate; whether in a good or bad way is incidental - that is up to the individual reader to decide. A core factor in relating with fictional characters within any book is that they remain connected to their essential personalities, flawed or not. This was certainly the case when Ayres introduced us to the 'hero' Adam Eden and his compatriots in the excellent first book 'Three Feet of Sky'. I eagerly awaited the sequel and was not at all disappointed. The story line is in turns exciting, humorous and yet has just the right amount of darkness and pathos to engage the reader. I have no idea where Adam's journey is going to take him, but I do know I want to be along for the ride. Roll on 'Book Three'!
on 25 May 2013
If you read the first book (if you didn't you really should) and you have been eagerly awaiting this next instalment you will not be disappointed. Life (?) in this world is so brilliantly imagined by Stephen you are totally drawn in. It's surreal but believable, pure Sci-Fi at its best. Adam Eden, the central character, becomes more 3 dimensional in this sequel, and you really want him to succeed in his 'mission' - and, as always, he is surrounded by fantastical characters; Psycho Chicks, Steam Punk Professors, Animated Androids and some Cowboys for good measure - what more could you want? More? OK... how about a vision of the Future Earth, a critique on Resource Management and turning Isaac Asimov's Three Laws on its head. Told you it was good!
on 21 April 2013
Really enjoyed both book one and two..didnt no what to expect and i was pleasantly surprised where the story of adam went. Very unique and well thought out. Gets your mind thinking outside the box. Definitely worth reading and i hope there's a book 3 to follow.
VINE VOICEon 29 August 2013
I assume you've read the first book already (Three Feet of Sky: Book One), right? If not, head over there now and I'll see you shortly.

For fans of the first book - and who wouldn't be - this one continues nicely where that one left off; with Adam venturing outside his "Viro" and into the world beyond. The story is told in much the same way - there's lots of killing and torture, lots of humour and lots of weird new characters.

Having really enjoyed the first book, I picked this one up straight away and am glad I did. The story runs at a great pace, the chapters kept short and the plot full of new things to keep us interested.

Now that it's ended, I have to say I feel a bit disappointed. Knowing there is a book two of a story usually indicates it's part of a trilogy at least, and while I can see this one could quite easily evolve into a longer series - the end of book two is clearly meant as an end to this particular storyline.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and hope the author continues to write - again I felt this book was similar in style to Tom Holt and Piers Anthony, and I would recommend this to anyone familiar with their work.
on 5 May 2015
My choice of rating is due to the fantastic imagination that the author has, characters that made me laugh and an awesome adventure. The first book in the series The Feet of Sky is a must read first. Adam faces so many tasks in his adventure to find out who is behind everything in his world, many funny many gruesome but always entertaining. Love it
on 18 April 2013
This concludes an odd story, quite different from the usual. If you just accept the far fetched concept then I guarantee that it will be different from any other read.
Since it has been possible to purchase and read Kindle books at a very reasonable price I have started going for anything that seems interesting. Do start with book one or you won't have a clue about the plot.
on 2 March 2013
I loved Stephen Ayres first book, Three Feet of Sky and was eagerly waiting for the sequel to be released. Outside Eternity Three Feet of Sky; Book Two is an awesome follow up. The story follows the main character Adam as he ploughs through adventures and escapades trying to find a way out of the Viroverse. The imagination of the author is incredible, each scene is a visual feast rendered perfectly by the very well written descriptions. The characters are fantastic and the book is littered with many genuine laugh out loud moments. I really couldn't put it down and devoured every word. The author is a rare find and is able to turn his talents from nail biting action, sharp and witty dialogue through to capturing a genuine touching moment.
Highly recommend both books. Will definitely be buying more from this author and I can only hope he releases more works soon.
RR Haywood - The Undead. The First Seven Days.
on 28 November 2013
I read the first book and enjoyed it but my main complaint was the graphic violence. It just happened slightly too often which took off the shock factor and thus started to detract from the story.

There are graphic scenes in the second book but far less often which in my opinion is much better.

There were a few typo's and mistakes from very few and overall seemed like a great quality publication.

If you haven't read the first book you must read that before this one.
I looked forward to the release of this sequel and it was worth waiting for, it is as good as its predecessor whilst taking the plot line in a new direction. I recommend this book but it must be read after the first one to get the full appreciation of the character arcs and storyline.
on 31 March 2013
More than a good read, I find myself engrossed in the tiny worlds he creates, so descriptive, I am transported into the Viroverse. Excellent chracterisation and a plot that steams on at a good clip, well worth reading. Looking forward to more from this author.