on 28 February 2013
This book is a true story of an inspiring lady. A lady who was so close to giving up many times but had such strength and courage.
The story grips you from start to finish and makes you think of your own life and choices.
I think wether youve been a victim of domestic violence or not the story will still touch you.
I will recommend it to all of my friends.
Well done Alison for telling your story for the benefit of others xx
on 3 March 2013
I COULD NOT PUT THIS BOOK DOWN. I STARTED IT 8'30 THIS MORNING, DID ALL MY HOUSEWORK AND GARDENING IN BETWEEN AND FINISHED IT BY 4'45 pm. I have always believed in angels. Coincidentally my name is Allison and I have experienced abuse physical,sexual and emotionally. Allison Ward has rocked me to the core with this moving book. By reading it I feel uplifted although parts of it were sad and painful to read. I admire her strength of character and how her faith and belief in the angelic realms brought her through the trials and downturns in life. Ultimately ALISON talks about the light. Something that we must all look for is the light.
on 26 December 2013
It's hard to write about this book, it was like reading two different stories about the same person, one a victim and the other a survivor. Apart from recommending this book, I really can't find the words. Truly horrifying and uplifting.
on 9 July 2015
A very engaging, emotional and inspiring true story! Alison Ward has written a very raw, open and honest account of how she managed to turn her life around and find peace. A fascinating and harrowing account of how the events in her life affected Alison and those close to her. I felt a roller coaster of emotions whilst reading the book – compassion, anger, sadness and pure joy! I enjoyed the inspiring ‘lessons learnt’ comments after each chapter. I think this book would be really helpful to not only people who are physically and mentally abused but to those who are looking for encouragement and inspiration.
on 7 February 2014
This book is raw, honest and emotional. but the light shines through to the end. The author is not self-pitying in sharing her story, she wants to tell it how it is and prove there is hope and love in life, no matter how bleak it seems. What a courageous lady.
on 29 May 2014
What Alison had to go through is shocking and terrible and I am glad she has found peace after something so horrendous. The book focuses more on her recovery and survival
on 5 March 2013
lovin it im half way through so inspirational im glad to know the author in real life.
i havent finished it yet but i will do i would recommand this im glad its now on the kindle so i can read it on my kindle fire hd
on 26 December 2014
This book give you food for thought , it makes you look st your own life and how you could change thing , and how you don't know what goes on behind closed doors so don't judge .
on 20 August 2013
This book made me cry, but also smile.
It's not just a story of DV but one of hope, courage and positivity.
Well written and well balanced. I was moved.
on 5 March 2013
This book took me approx 2hours over 3 days to read and I want to read it again! Beautifully written and made me smile with every lesson learned! Gorgeous read