on 7 May 2017
I have been considering producing my own podcast for a while now, but have not done anything about it. John Lee Dumas' clear and concise guide shows you how simple it really is to get started and get your podcast launched. Well worth reading if you're looking to get started in podcasting.
on 13 April 2017
Great book with lots of great material.. Loads of really interesting advice.. Definitely would recommend this eBook..A good book ..
on 2 July 2017
I found that this was a very informative book for a good low price and it has introduded me to the amazing Enterpaneur on Fire podcast.
on 28 August 2017
a good detail informations for podcasting.
on 12 March 2016
Not sure how to rate this as it appears to be a compilation of web pages put together to make a booklet (not a paperback as I would expect a paperback to look). Most pages contain hyperlinks to click on for free information from the eofire website run by J. L. Dumas.

No doubt there is a lot of useful information for a novice to learn from but I think a lot (if not all) the information is available on his website if you sign up for the various offers. He has obviously worked hard and compiled huge amounts of information so in fairness he has the qualifications and a track record to back up the value of his words.

Unfortunately for me, I found there are far too many links to follow and sign up for extra content. Every link takes you to other pages with further links and there comes a time when too much knowledge becomes too much information. It actually turned me off as I couldn't get into the booklet without wondering what I was missing by not signing up or following the suggested links. I know this is how he makes his money but I expected a book of information not a booklet of hyperlinks with email sign ups to find the information.

No doubt J.L Dumas has made a very successful business in the podcast industry and he has great advice to offer but this is not a nice book to read as a stand alone guide to podcasting.

I'm also a bit put off by his last page asking for reviews on Amazon ("even if you did not buy the book from Amazon") in return for "an incredible bonus video". I'm leaving the review but I'm not emailing him to say so as I really don't think I need another bonus video.

I would suggest looking at his website instead of buying the booklet, even if you buy the booklet the chances are you will visit the website anyway so save yourself a few quid and go straight there. Now that's a useful call to action!
on 7 June 2013
Simple, to the point. Did everything it said in the title.

This has been the kick up the butt I needed as I now know I can do it too!
on 26 January 2016
Producing a podcast isn't as easy as it sounds so I was really pleased to have this to refer to as I negotiated all the different software. The Knowledge Podcast is now up and running in no small part to this guide.
on 30 July 2017
I am, and after being inspired by Ani Alexander, who kept mentioning John Lee Dumas in her course, the first thing I did was look for a how to book by him. Naturally I found one here on KU. He tells it how it is without the waffle. The book itself doesn't tell you how to start off but he has links on nearly every page that give the newbie what they need. I haven't looked at those yet, but have I checked out his podcast (ooh, sacrilege) but I fully intend to.
on 20 October 2016
Does this book provide some useful tips and insights? Absolutely. Does it go any deeper than the thousands of websites providing similar information for free? Not at all.

This is one of those very short books that carries a lot of promise but ultimately fails to deliver. It is light on the detail, and is constantly trying to push you into the author's other paid services, which - for a book you pay for - is quite insulting. Additionally, the book is full of very basic spelling and grammar mistakes, which really speaks volumes about its overall quality.

Save your dollar.