on 9 November 2013
I bought this laptop to replace my 5 year old Dell which I had been very happy with. I use laptops for internet browsing, music, film and photo storage. I chose this laptop because it was under £400, it ran windows 8 and it was a touchscreen - i had been recomended that touchscreen was a better method for navigating the new windows 8 interface. I was a bit concerned the AMD processor would be slower than an intel.

I've been using this laptop for a month now and it has been exactly what I want. The touchscreen is very responsive, though i only use it occasionally, the keyboard is well spaced, the numberpad at the side is very useful, the screen has a good resolution and a nice widescreeen look, the touchpad works fine, the speakers are good considering the price of the laptop. Turns out the AMD processor handles multiple tasks on windows 8 just fine.
It doesn't have an optical drive (it is clear in the literature about this) but the SD card reader and USB ports are good enough for me.

Most useful to people who haven't used windows 8 before is a brief introduction sheet describing some more basic navigation of the new set up which is in the box with the laptop, and everything is installed on the machine and ready to go.

I'm really happy with this laptop, and from my research you could pay £600 for a laptop from another brand with almost identical specification but an intel processor instead of an AMD one. I'd reccomend this one!
on 23 September 2013
Absolutely amazing laptop. Bought it for university and it is more than sufficient. If I could give it 10 stars I would. The battery life is absolutely superb and the sound is even better.
on 2 September 2013
We bought this as a workhorse laptop for everyday stuff at home. As a laptop it's fine. Still getting used to the quirks of Windows 8. Touchscreen is fine but Microsoft design decisions means its just an extra way of interacting with the laptop which we don't use a lot - it doesn't really make the laptop any easier to use.
on 6 February 2015
Hp laptop computer no problem bought this make as HP have a good track record of producing good quality products
However this computer came with windows 8 and that's what let this computer down but the is not the fault of the computer
If hp had selected a different operating system I would have given this 5 starts but can only give 2 stars because of this

See one answered question