Format: Vinyl|Change

on 30 December 2012
Fantastic live album. Great sound, great choice of songs from their two studio albums and there's a real energy to the performance. Joe Satriani is incredible on this this CD, and the rest of the band are on great form too, including the drummer standing in for 'Chad Smith' on the first half. 'Supergroups' normally disappoint but these guys really seem to be enjoying themselves and that shines through their compositions and their performances. I wasn't too sure about the band's second studio album but those songs have really benefited from being played live and sound much more convincing on this record. There's a bit of magic captured on this one. On a more mundane detail, whoever does their design/packaging/artwork is a genius...I'm glad I didn't go for the download option.
on 9 January 2013
Got all their albums only discovered them mid 2012 along with Black Country Communium just been buying Cds as they hit the shelves it's been a while since I found something new that I actually like. Being an old Hippy at hart but loving oldschool HardRock and early ProgRock Nice to hear Good new stuff, keep on Rockin in the free world
on 1 January 2013
A great document of where "Chickenfoot" is at the moment. Sammy's voice is still cooking with gas after all these years, he seems to get better and better and with Joe Satriani and the rest of the band you cannot go wrong, great stuff.
on 13 July 2013
I love this band and have the other 3 albums, and whilst it was nice to get a couple of live versions of tracks from III, most of it is just re-hashes of tracks on the earlier live album Get Your Buzz on - if I had to choose either or I'd go for the latter, mainly for the live rendition Future in The Past. Overall OK though.
on 19 January 2013
A great live recording of another supergroup to liven up an otherwise mediocre decade. Like them or hate them, no one can argue that the quality of the band, and this album is a fitting record of their well honed skills They are all stars as individuals, but as Chickenfoot, they certainly don't let egos get in the way of giving the punter what they want.
on 12 February 2013
I bought this on pre-order, despite the fact that a couple of the live tracks are included on the second album, Chickenfoot III.

It captures a great atmosphere, is sonically excellent, and the performances are all what you would expect from these guys. Chickenfoot ROCK!!
VINE VOICEon 7 January 2013
Only two studio albums in and we already get a live offering...is this down to contractual obligations or has Chickenfoot already run out of ideas?
Either way, this is not a bad offering at all, and shows a well oiled band going through it's routine in a workmanlike way...but, and I didn't think I'd ever have to say this about musicians of the quality that these guys are - where is the soul, that little bit of magic that makes a concert a magical experience? For sure Satriani is on a tight leash (as he always has been within the confines of Chickenfoot) although he does make his presence felt and Hagar sings as only Hagar can while the rythmn section of Anthony and Smith put in a more than decent anchor to hold the sound altogether - and the recording is pretty decent too, but nonetheless, this still doesn't grab me by the throat from first to last as I thought (and expected!) that it would. So, doubtless, this album will not be spending a great deal of time in my player - maybe time will make me think differently, but usually, my first impression is the one that lasts
AC/DC's "LIVE AT RIVER PLATE", Led Zep's "CELEBRATION DAY" and even Joe Bonamassa's "LIVE AT BEACON THEATRE" all have the "hackles up on your neck" magic but sadly this album does not - but then for the price, I am not moaning too much.
on 19 January 2013
I thought this was a completely new release but actually only the first 4 tracks are new live versions. Tracks 5 to 9 are from the Get Your Buzz On Live DVD/BluRay recorded in Phoenix on the first tour so if you already have that, beware as you are only buying 4 new tracks. The CD lists tracks 5 to 9 as "Live rarities and B-sides" which I think is misleading.
This would have been better with new live recordings of more tracks from Chickenfoot III on the Different Devil tour. I would especially have liked a good live version of Different Devil itself, great song.
Overall, a missed opportunity and I wasn't happy to discover I had paid for only 4 new tracks.
on 5 January 2013
satriani played like a demon....yes i thought it was going to be just a "lets squeeze more money out of them "but has turned out to be possibly the best guitar fueled live recordings since satch vai and malmstein at g3.....[my opinion guys].....
on 7 January 2013
I bought this CD as an impulse buy.
The guitar playing from Joe is great, but the I found the songs nothinig special...just like Sammy Hagars voice.