TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 March 2018
As I spend loads of my time at computers, I thought I'd give a well-recommended ergonomic mouse a go.

I usually work with a gaming mouse, which was awesome for pretty much anything. It had precision, it was predictable, and sat well in my hand. Total A+. I was only switching because it broke and I had the opportunity to try something different which might suit longer work sessions.

The mouse itself functions fine, but I had issues with the ergonomic style. I gave it a week, but I think it actually caused tightness in my shoulder which might have led to 'mouse shoulder'. I thought my desk setup was fine, but I can't be 100% it was. Either way, changing to this product seemed to coincide with the issue developing. That sucks and I switched over to an old mouse, which causes me less pain to use at the moment.

Because of the style, I also thought the tracking was weird. Because of how it's designed, it seemed to drag down slightly when going from left to right. I only gave this a week, so it might have adjusted (i.e. compensated) to this over time though.

This is my honest experience with this, but I have heard positive comments from others who use ergonomic mouses on a day-to-day. Friends were surprised by what I've described (but they do use more expensive alternatives - maybe there's something I'm missing).
on 25 July 2017
I use a mouse for many hours a day and even though I use a highly configurable one, I do find I get wrist strain after a while. I thought I would try a vertical mouse to see if it made any difference and the Anker one comes highly recommended.
I'll be honest, it takes some getting used to, my hand keeps trying 'crab' over the top to hold it like a conventional mouse, but I'm beating that habit and I have to say that I like it! I'm not convinced that it's *quite* as accurate as my old mouse (but that cost about ten times as much) and be warned that if you have a high resolution mouse pad like then you may find that the cursor jumps all over the place, but try the mouse without a pad or with a plain pad and you should find that it starts to behave itself.
Connection has been easy, it reliably puts itself to sleep and wakes itself up so I'm not concerned about the battery usage. I don't know how it would work for gaming, but for everyday use at this price point it seems crazy not to use it. I'm only cropping one star because of the mousepad issue.
on 14 November 2016
Repetitive Strain Injury from tradtional mouse has necessitated a move to ergo format.

The style of the mouse certainly takes pressue off the tendons around the wrist and I have noticed less pins and needles already and thats only after using for a week.

I use Windows 10 and the wireless dongle was instantly installed, I didnt need to download and install anything manually, it just worked. An added benefit is that the old microsoft optical mouse remains attached, as does a Huion drawing Tablet and mouse pen, so i can pick up and use either whenever i want.

Sensitivity - this mouse is very sensitive compared to the others i use. Because i need the other mice attached i cannot alter the settings to slow it down; maybe there is software that will allow that, but for now i havent found it and thats the only reason for losing a star at this stage. Their are six buttons available plus the scroll wheel. I assume all these can be programmed but i have no need for them so havent delved into that aspect.

I find the device awkward to use but that will obviously improve with use like all things.

So, a well made device that certainly helps with RSI and at only £11.99 is a bargain!
on 19 August 2017
Only been using this a week. I don't have pain in my wrist but suffer with pain in my thumb. I think it might be arthritis so not sure if the mouse will make much difference but it does feel very comfortable and is a natural position. I found I immediately took to it, didn't have any problem getting used to it. I use the mouse all day as I do a lot of online and spread sheet work. For anyone suffering with wrist pain, it's definitely worth a try at this price! There are other much more expensive ergnonomic mouse you can buy, this is the first one I've tried, so not sure what you're getting for the extra £s but I'm really happy with this. It will be interesting to see if I find any difference with the thumb pain. Highly recommend.
on 2 September 2017
Pros:
Matte texture
Ergonomic grip

Cons:
No rubber grips
Scroll wheel is of poor quality.
- The round rubber scrolls around independently to the actual scroll wheel. 2 years after purchasing it got really annoying so I thought how I could fix it. Just add a little bit of superglue under the rubber wheel or anything else (sticky tape/blue tac) should work fine. Now the scoll wheel always rolls when I roll the wheel.

Neutral:
I never use the page up/page down buttons. Would have been nice having the ability to re-program them. The DPI button needs accompanying LEDs. Though I rarely change the DPI and when I do, it makes minimal difference to the use. DPI button should have just been removed.
on 2 February 2018
I bought this for work after having ZeleSouris at home for two-three years. I can say I prefer the ZeleSouris because I think it provides better ergonomics than the Anker.

Pros:
-Very good build quality
-Cheaper than ZeleSouris
-Generally good mouse

Cons:
- The buttons are too hard to press. I noticed it even before plugging in the usb dongle for the first time. This causes strain mainly on the index finger after a while. My advice to Anker is to make the buttons as lighter to press. Also, they should move the button clicker (micro switch) a little to the back and to allow the button to be pressed not only by the finger tip but also using the middle part which is the joint between the proximal and intermediate phalanges. This is possible with the ZeleSouris Ii have. Maybe a person with bigger hands could do it on the Anker, too.
-The forward button is placed greatly inconvenient. Again, the ZeleSouris is better and has it below the thumb. The Anker has it in front of the backwards button and above the thumb which makes it hard to press without lifting you thumb from the mouse (so you don't press the backwards instead).
-The scroll wheel mouse is very hard to press using the index finger. It's easy using the middle finger though. But sometimes I prefer to use the index finger.
-General finger position is more open than "clenched" which I think is the more natural position. Open position and clicking in open position causes more strain.
-Not as vertical as the ZeleSouris

I focus on the cons here but besides them it is a very good mouse. It could be great for someone with bigger hands or with not as tender tendons as mine so I give it 4 stars.
on 13 October 2017
I loved this mouse so much I bought another one for my lap top. They are so comfortable and easy to use. I absolutely adored them - then - they just stopped working. One lasted 3 months the other less than two months and I just can not get them to work. Such a shame and such a waste of money! I would happily purchase them again when/if they sort the problem out.
Update: The company immediately contacted me and are replacing the two mice free of charge. Hopefully I just managed to get two 'bad ones' originally. Will updatethis reveiw in the future.
on 1 September 2017
Nothing wrong with the build quality of this mouse. it works well and is well made. the shape just didn't suit me and left my wrist worse than a standard mouse after about 2 hours of use. I am a full time cad user and use dual monitors so i use the mouse extensively and move the mouse further than a standard user. If I just was maybe using this for web browsing or if I mostly word processed this would maybe be a different story.
This was my first try with a vertical mouse and I just don't think any vertical mouse would suit me.
on 5 December 2017
It's not often that I write reviews for items, but this item has so much potential to be great, yet falls short on one aspect, which, for me, renders it unusable. So I thought I would give other potential buyers a heads up.

I have the wired version of this mouse - I bought it a few years ago, when I was feeling some strain in my forearm. It really helps alleviate that strain; it makes a huge amount of difference. I absolutely love it and I use it every day. Seeing as I took that one to work, I thought I'd get another one for home, and I opted for the wireless option.

Whilst the wireless option is shaped almost identically to my wired version, the surface material of the plastic is totally different. My wired, older version, has a rubbery finish to it, making it really grippy. The wireless version that I have recently bought has a very slippery finish to it. Perhaps it is just this batch, I don't know. However, in order to use the mouse, I have to grip it really tight. This gets tiresome, causes fatigue in my hand after a short period and I imagine will cause additional strain in time, defeating the purpose of buying such a mouse in the first place. I've ended up going back to using my old, regular mouse, which is hardly ideal.

So, my advice would be to get the wired version of this mouse, presuming that the wired version still has the rubbery surface that makes it grippy and easy to use.
on 4 July 2017
I bought this because I was experiencing pain in my lower arm from using a regular Mac mouse. This mouse has helped tremendously. It takes a little getting used to and I miss the scroll left-to-right function of the Mac mouse, but all in all I am very pleased and grateful to be pain-free.
UPDATE: Having used this now for 3-4 months, I am hugely disappointed to say that it is no longer working properly. I have replaced the batteries twice, but it has become very unresponsive which is highly frustrating for video editing work.
HOWEVER: Anker have offered me a replacement and I am very impressed with their customer service.