Customer reviews

Tell Me
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.07

on 12 February 2016
I should start by saying that if you’re going to read “Tell Me” then you might as well accept now that you’ll be reading “Tell Me Again” straight after! I read them more than 2 years ago but never got around to reviewing them at the time, so am making up for that omission now! I’m reviewing both books together, because you really can’t separate them.
The first book introduces ‘straight’ Meagan and lesbian Amber as they embark on a relationship together which is wholly lesbian but which defies labelling. All the characters in these books are well drawn but Meagan and Amber are particularly engaging and entirely imperfect - Meagan with her smart mouth and acerbic wit, Amber with her gentleness but also her unrealistic expectations. They fight and make up and fight again. Whilst they are quite clearly ‘meant to be together’, the pressures and expectations that each puts on the relationship leads to almost inevitable implosion and both stumble into other relationships which have massive impacts on them. I don’t want to give any major spoilers but suffice to say things are left somewhat ‘up in the air’ at the end of book one, compelling you to head straight on to book two!
If you think “Tell Me” had it all, “Tell Me Again” just piles on more emotional drama with drug addiction and betrayal amongst deep and all-consuming love.
Utterly immersive and emotional storytelling which stays with you long after you finish these fabulous books! I still remember them very well, 2 years after reading them, whilst there are some books that I read 2 months ago, that I’ve forgotten the plot of already! Buy both and enjoy!
on 2 December 2015
I am not sure if it was in a good way but, this book caught me . I was frustrated at times then irritated and had to put it down . Then I had to come back to it because I had to know what happened. Very well written with great characters so well drawn. Worth the effort of reading and feeling all the emotions . Have just downloaded the sequel and cannot wait to start it all again.
on 17 April 2013
This is probably one of the best books that I have read for some time. The story line and the characters are so believable. The author doesn't rush the story along but gives you time to get to know the characters and you suffer the highs and lows with them. I think the book description says what the story is about so won't elaborate there. Just to say that if you really enjoy a beautiful love story full of angst, this is definitely the book to read. I can't wait for her next one. Don't miss this one....it's great.
on 28 February 2014
This was one really, really good story. I just could not put this book down. It had everything and more. The character s were so real and the storyline, well it blew me away. I have had to get the sequel. Read it, it's a winner. Angeuk
on 12 May 2013
Great book that I was able to sink my teeth into. I couldn't wait to see what happened next the entire read. Such believable characters, especially Meagan, as much as she angered me at times, I could really relate to her. Never read a book that's caused so many different reactions. Great read from start to finish and I look forward to seeing more from this author in the future!
on 26 March 2015
I liked this book a lot.. There was plenty of ups and downs which makes you feel for the characters on both sides and the reasons why the do what they do. I'm hoping for a second book to be honest
on 3 April 2013
Really really enjoyed this book, it certainly kept me entertained. Great characters and dynamics throughout, so much more than just a love story.
I loved how well it addressed personal identity and 'coming out' as this is very real for so many people and certainly not always straight forward!
Looking forward to reading more in the future by this author.
on 12 May 2013
Couldn't put this intense, funny and brilliantly written book down. It had me gripped from start to finish, it's a must owed book. The characters are so believable as well as the story line. It certainly kept me entertained and I will be looking out for the next one. Looking forward to reading more from this author.
on 11 January 2015
One of the best book I read. Will recommend it.
on 14 September 2013
Great book. Funny, heartbreaking, emotional. I enjoyed every single page from beginning to end. I have read quite a lot lesbian romance but this one is truly one of the best.