on 7 June 2017
Very good quality bands great price too
on 16 June 2017
finally some stretch bands that are long enough to do beachbody with
on 29 July 2012
What a disappointment. It feels really does feel like balloon material. It is without doubt, too light to use as exercise accessory. I wrapped this around my hand to shorten it so I could use it to exercise my arms,legs, etc. It is not suitable for this as it is too soft, light and hardly any resistance in the material. It really does feel like balloon material that has been cut into one long strip. It felt like the band was being stretched rather than creating the resistance to exercise muscles.
Can't be bothered to return it. What a rip off and waste of money and I cannot believe the other 'positive' reviews! Disappointed!
on 8 June 2011
This is a great prop to increase the resistance level with a pilates workout. I used this in conjunction with the "STOTT Pilates Ultimate Body Sculpting" workout video. Used properly, it simulates several exercises that are normally performed on a reformer. So, if you are considering purchasing a reformer and are saving/hesitant about making such a large purchase then this may be an inexpensive way to start off initially. The length of the resistance band is also a good length for an overall simultaneaous full body workout.
on 9 January 2012
Has enough tension, which I was worried about, after reading other reviews & the length is just right. Really glad I bought this item & would recommend.
on 11 October 2016
I bought 30 of the green bands for my large pilates classes. I did my training through Stott/Merrithew and thought I would be buying good quality bands.
Instead, after 3 months, a couple have torn, a couple have pin holes in and EVERY TIME I teach I have to come home between classes and unstick the bands that roll up into pieces of string.
I like the length but that is the only good thing about them. Very upset that I have wasted nearly £200 on a lot of rubbish which will have to be thrown away when I buy my next lot of bands.
DO NOT BUY THEM. My only worry is that there might be fakes that are being supplied as I would not think that Merrithew would allow bands of this quality to be distributed to the public. I will contact them directly about this.
on 19 August 2011
My physiotherapist suggested I buy a flex band to stretch and help build up the strength in my legs. The band was fine at first but after about a week's use it had snapped in two (and don't think I am especially strong!). I was shocked at the quality of the band, especially when it claimed to be "extra strength". Most definitely not recommended!
on 5 September 2015
Bought for Pilates, floor exercises and injury recovery. Purchased 'blue' as advised by my physiotherapist, but mildly disappointed that if feels far, far softer (less resistant) than the one I have used at clinic. I am pleased that this band is a decent length (greater range of exercises possible than with the short bands), but I will seek another very soon with even greater resistance - this one certainly doesn't feel 'Extra Strong'. I had understood that the colour codes of these bands indicated a specific resistance ... Must research this further!
on 17 March 2016
We bought both the green and the blue bands to help my 12 year old son do exercises post injury. Blue band split in 2 on second time of using. This is obviously a product fault as has happened to several other buyers. Very disappointing! Suggest buy elsewhere.
on 18 December 2014
After 3 uses it snapped. I'm a medium build 51 year old and so have very normal strength. Continued to use the longer part that was left but on 5th use that also snapped. For £6 can't be bothered to seek replacement. Don't waste your money - go elsewhere.

See one answered question