on 30 March 2013
I love the phone. It is superb value for money. It is fast and the camera is pretty good. Have read some reviews complaining of the camera but I find it very good. I would recommend the phone to anyone.
The only little thing I struggle with is that it kept telling me I was roaming. The thing
Is that Tesco uses O2 in ireland to provide mobile services and the phone seems to recognize this as roaming but to my relief I am not being charged for roaming it all works as it supposed to do.
I love the phone, its size and how fast it is.
Delighted I bought it instead of getting trapped into a contract just to get a Samsung note. This phone was great price, can use it with any network and because of the dual sim card I will be able to use it on holidays abroad with local sim card while still not missing phone calls is texts from home.
22 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2013
To be honest I wasn't expecting much from this phone, despite the very positive reviews both on Amazon and elsewhere. The phone took less than 18 hours to arrive from order to delivery, very impressive. Set-up took around 5 minutes, apart from an SD card that needed reformatting, my fault not the phone or supplier. The construction is very good and is not at all flimsy. The screen is clear, bright and crisp and the only downside I have found with it is it does not handle bright sunlight that well, but my iPhone has that problem too.
Performance is more than respectable and so far I've not found anything that shows signs of a lag in terms of performance. Not that I intended to use this to watch movies, I did load the Netflix app on the phone and it seemed to take an age to load a movie to the point were I gave up, but I guess that could be the app or a problem at the Netflix end. BBC I-player worked fine. ITV Player was not available for this phone, but there are other apps were you can get it along with hundreds of other worldwide TV channels.
The Google play apps library selection is massive and I particularly like the Google voice search (pre loaded), a bit Siri like, but I think better and more flexible.

If long term reliability is as good as my first impressions I will be more that happy.
on 13 May 2013
I have had this phone for over 4 weeks now and i think its a good phone. Specification and features are exactly as advertised and no complains whatsoever. Packaging although unbranded was very well done. First impression was quite good. Phone came with 2 batteries, a flip cover and ear piece. Phone charged easily and turned on nicely and two sim cards i put it were recognised. For me it was easy to use having used a smartphone before otherwise instruction manual was very poor and covered less than a fourth of phone features but if you are used to samsung phones then you should be able to find your way round it as its got samsung plartform.

The only dissappointing things, minor though were

1.volume freezing. I've had this on two or three occassion where although the volume was on the loudest, in coming calls were not ringing out, rather it was silent. But turning the phone off and on seems to solve the problem.
2.camera didnt look like a 5 megapixels camera at all. Pictures were not as clear as my blackberry with same pixels.
3.screen is got like a water mark internal which when you touch appear to slide, dont know that is but so far it has not affected its use in any way.
4.ear piece is too big to fit in my ears, but dont mind as i dont use it often except for radio as antenna.
5.charger is bulky. its a two pin one connected to a three pin UK one. But its also a USB one so i can use the laptop to charge it on the go.
6.battery drain quickly as with any other smartphone because of background and standby applications constantly running but i find it takes too long to charge to 100%.
7.phone gets hot during use and charging, I dont know if this is normal though.

Overall this phone is good and i would recommend it as i was initially very reluctant to purchase it . It took a while for people to believe that it wasn't a samsung note, even though its unbranded you will need to actually tell people its not.

Seller has a brilliant record. Phone arrived next day after i ordered and in the exact time given. I will purchase again from this seller.

In a few weeks time i would post another update on how phone is doing, in the meanwhile i'm enjoying my new friend
on 10 May 2013
I'm no techie, like some other reviewers, but everything I've tried so far works on this 'phone. If it's reliable long term, and no reason to believe it won't be, it's great value. The comfort of buying from Amazon is a big plus.
on 28 September 2013
I purchased this mobile and within 5 days it went faulty (seemed to have short circuit) and went completely dead. I contacted the seller and he replied promptly and told me to send back. With return of post I received a new mobile. I suppose I was just unlucky to get a faulty one. My new one which I have been using for a good few months now is excellent for the price.
The SELLER was second to none in the way he handled the complaint. Keeping informed with what was happening at every stage.
YOU CAN BUY WITH CONFIDENCE FROM THIS SELLER.
on 27 September 2013
quick delivery and well packed . worked straight out of the box. I got this for my wife as a first smartphone . She was very happy with it and looked it nice with the white flipcase.put 32Gb memory card in it so plenty of storage. works great with facebook,viber and all the usual stuff.
on 21 March 2013
The delivery was quick and the phone is a real cracker the only downside is the Wi-Fi it is garbage, my IP spits out 54Mbps I have the Modem in a bedroom but when in the living room this phone will just not pick it up. Everything else I have can connect to the Internet except this,I called TTsims help line if that is what you call it only to be told to reset the phone to factory settings, this I done but still no luck.
The guy on the help line told me he would download a link to Youtube which he done, all the clip showed was someone taking the phone out of the box and looking at it and installing the battery, whether this clown thought I was stupid I have no idea but my advice to TTsims is train your staff properly on your product, they should also train them to deal with the public properly as this guy could not get me off the phone quick enough.
The phone itself if as I said is a cracker really nice, on start up it is very fast once the battery has been charged up and really a doddle to use, downside is there is no free Micro SD card like other vendors give out,one of the faults is, the phone would not accept the USB cable but this seemed to be Ok after the reset, he told me there is a folder for music on the phone which I still have to find.
The phone is large compared to the others I have but people are looking and say to me " I like your Galaxy " they are surprised when I tell them it is not, in the package are 2x battery's, earphones and a mains charger ther is also a plastic wallet to protect the phone and to be honest it is quite nice, you take the back off the phone and clip the wallet in to its place, be careful as both are plastic and could break if treated rough.
I was surprised at the weight of the phone it quite heavy but not too much I would say a woman could handle this with no problems, would I buy another later on, yes I think I would even knowing what the faults are but a couple of years down the line I would imagine they will have these sorted out.
The instruction book is not that good and the print is so small so if your eyesite is bit iffy put strong reading glasses on, I have had worse books than this in the past so maybe I am being a bit harsh on it.
If anyone fancy's buying this phone go ahead I think you will be pleased with it.
The phone was delivered by Predict who are fantastic they inform you when the delivery is due and even give you the drivers name a nice wee touch, well done Predict.
on 14 May 2013
Delivery was excellent, and was up and running as soon as the battery was charged. The phone itself seems fine in so far accessesing all the apps I require. Only 2 small issues that I have concern about, 1 the screen has developed a couple of
heavy scratches that I'm reasonably confident I did not do and secondly in the call log I found a 112 call to emergency
services in Singapore or Hong Kong, Unfortunately I deleted it so no proof. I would contact TTsims but not sure if I have enough of a case. Also Phone works fine.
on 12 May 2013
This was a great purchase and the delivery was very quick. I would recommend a 32gb Sandisk (as I also purchased it) as it will always come in handy for music and other uses.

Cons-

The Phone over all is great although it complains that you don't have a second simcard inserted (if you don't have a second in)

*Says it's roaming although you don't get charged which causes confusion
*The battery is rather poor as the life will go within a day or so depending on usage
*Internal space will soon go very quickly
*WiFi isn't great to be honest, the signal strength it picks up is usually poor
*Calls seem quiet although having volume to max
*May need to calibrate the screen as sometimes it's not 100% accurate

Pros-

*Camera is good quality
*Clear, bright and high res screen
*Plays games well and smoothly
*Looks top quality for the price tag
*Scrolls smooth like an iphone
on 19 March 2013
THIS IS AN EXCELLENT ANDROID NOTE PHONE. THE SELLER IS VERY FAST IN DELIVERING THE PRODUCT. THE CAMERA IS VERY GOOD FOR SKYPE. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THE PRODUCT.
IT CAN DO MANY THINGS INCLUDING IPLAYER ETC. I STRONGLY RECOMMENT TO BUY THIS PHONE , IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR NOVEL PRODUCT. THE PROCECESSOR IS VERY FAST, IT IS LIKE A MINI COMPUTER.
GOOD LUCK.