Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 31 July 2014
Here we go again. This makes so much sense as do his books on sugar. It explains how my Dad stayed so healthy through his long life, he avoided all those 'mucked up foods' but baffled the Doctors. So much for all the 'modern thinking' about diet and health. Go back to basics and enjoy proper food.
on 3 March 2016
I very much enjoyed this book and in particular the manner in which the author was able to go over old studies and dissect the information. His particular skill is to explain why the accepted conclusions were reached and why in fact they were likely the wrong conclusion. I will certainly read more from this author and hope to be able to put into action what I've learnt.
on 8 September 2014
Excellent book - informative - a good follow-on from David Gillespie's earlier books. But could do with a British version, listing the breads, cereals, crisps available in Britain.
on 8 May 2013
A really interesting read. I had no idea the lengthily processes that go into producing refined seed oils (the vegetable oils we consume in vast quantities, often unknowingly). It's scary what crap we willingly put into our bodies.
on 3 May 2017
A Good Read
on 30 September 2014
Having read 'Sweet Poison' by the same author, I felt compelled to read this. It is written in an easy to understand way. It does make you think a lot harder about what you eat. Like everyone else I'd heard that trans fats like margarine and certain oils were really bad for you, but didn't really know why. Now I do. What I didn't know was how many of them are in our food. Who knew how bad packaged food really is? No wonder there's so much cancer, diabetes, obesity and heart disease. This book, alone with 'Sweet Poison' explains it all. Makes you quite angry as well...
on 15 October 2014
I was disappointed with this book. It's basically anecdotal, focused on this chap''s personal approach to his diet. While I agree fully with his idea about vegetable oils being toxic for human health, he has nothing new to offer on the subject, except perhaps a degree of accessibility for the non-scientific readership. Personally his colloquial style and Aussie slang grated on me too, but probably because I was disappointed with the book. His effort at tackling a complex subject here is outclassed in every respect by Nina Teicholz's tour de force "The Big Fat Lie", which is meticulously researched and written and will give the seriously interested reader a much more in-depth exposition about the dangers of vegetable oils. I am also really troubled by his contradictory recommendation that people avoid sugar but continue eating foods such as bread. If he recalls his high school biology, he might remember that all digestible carbs are converted to sugar in the body?! The severe prescriptions on how to eat out together with scaremongering that even too many eggs or too much non-grass fed meat is bad is likely to simply put people off trying, no matter how matey his turns of phrases are around such issues. I would not recommend this book to others at all. Instead, I would suggest books by Gary Taubes, Jonathon Bailor, and of course the aforementioned Nina T.
on 18 May 2017
I came to amazon.co.uk to find this book because the book is not available on amazon.com in USA. This page directs me to go to amazon.com to buy the kindle book. Why can't I buy this book?

I just bought a product online from Sweden using my USA Visa card. It arrived yesterday. I have also bought paper books online from UK with the same visa card. Why can't I buy this book?
on 7 May 2013
Anybody concerned about their health should read this book. It is a bit long winded and I had to look up some of the scientific terms but you will never view cooking oil in the same way again. In fact you may not cook with oil ever again. definitely worth reading.
on 6 December 2013
The information in this book was all new to me and has made me change my eating habits. As usual David Gillespie has done some great research into the subject and the results are quite shocking. Since reading this I have read some other books on how dangerous it is to consume large amounts of omega 6. I don't think there is any doubt about the facts I just wonder how long it will take before the truth becomes widely known. Soon I hope for the sake of all our good health.