Customer reviews

Let Me In: The Pye International Story 1962
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 May 2013
I bought this - along with several other label "Story"-type compilations - as a reminder of a misspent youth, when you'd buy three 45's for a quid. Much of it, for me, is just pop of the day, dimly remembered from radio, the youth club, or pathetic UK bands trying their best with cover versions. But the label gave me my first Bo Diddley, Howlin' Wolf, Marcels, Etta James, Dion & The Belmonts, The Belmonts, Clarence 'Frogman' Henry, James Ray and others. This, and "Come On Let's Go: The Pye Int. Story" (another One Day double) furnished me with many happy memories and a whole lot of schlock. Still, at the combined low low price and fine sound quality, I'm happy enough. My only regret is I won't be playing far too many tracks, but then again, I knew that.
Over recent times I have purchased 2 other Pye International compilations, both of them acceptable, but out of all of them, I think this one will be my favourite. Like other reviewers I too have several One Day sets and all of them well worth it. My only wish is that we can now have some later reissues from some of these labels, because with Pye International, I understand they released in the region of 700 singles, so there could be further volumes to come. Finally with all One Day releases, sound quality is generally superb on this and the others.
on 16 June 2013
A big hand to One Day Music who are producing some really good compilations of public domain music. Pye International were always worth looking out for in the 1960's and it's full of good stuff that's not too familiar.

Bo Diddley, Clarence Henry and the excellent James Ray make up the best but some less well-known stuff. Nice jokes from The Marcels - later stuff from Johnny Burnette and Linda Scott and always wonderful to hear Billy Stewart. Recommended.
on 4 May 2015
Love to hear old sixties songs, what a great buy. Some I didn't know but were very good. Very pleased with this 3 cd collection.
on 14 February 2018
Great label
on 17 July 2014
A very good collection of oldies, which is good to reminisce with. Good value for money.
on 27 June 2015
arrived safe and sound thank you
on 19 March 2015
Good CD
on 5 May 2013
3 cd collection of hits from 1962 - some well known some less so, but unusually with this sort of collection even the obscure tracks are worth listening to and are well worthy of their place here.
on 14 May 2013
i am that age when the old songs were good, but now they are even better then before, keepmthem coming,