on 20 April 2014
May I start by saying I chose the rating I have given, for one simple reason, it does what it says on the box. I have a Nikon Coolpix P500, and to charge the battery was to plug in the camer to the mains and to wait for the little light to go out. Initially this method was fine, but then I was finding that the battery was not lasting long. My wife has a camere which uses the same principle as the charger I am writing this review on, so I checked on the internet and found that there was a system like this for my camera. I purchased it and WOW what a difference to the life of the battery. Iwould most certainly recommend this to other users of a digital camera. Just check out the internet for your make of camera, and go for it, you will noy regret it.
One person found this helpful
on 25 January 2014
I purchased this charger along with a Nikon P520 camera, I did so because I read that the camera did not come with a separate battery charger. The P520 actually charges the battery in the camera via a USB connection but how do you charge spare batteries which I always carry with me just in case.

The charger is a cheaper replacement for the far more expensive Nikon MH-61. I have to say that it charges the spare batteries far faster than if they were in the camera. It does what I was expecting for a little under £10. Not exceptional quality but value for money nonetheless. It is well worth the additional cost if purchasing the P520 and saves a lot of messing about charging spare batteries within the camera.
One person found this helpful
on 25 June 2013
I ordered this item on Sunday and was informed that it would be 2nd July delivery. It arrived this morning (Tuesday) what brilliant service.
Set it to charge my spare battery and it was ready in no time at all. I will at least be able to charge up a spare battery now when I am on holiday and not just charge through the camera.

Thank you for your excellent customer service.
Elizabeth McMillan Mains Battery Charger for Nikon COOLPIX Digital Cameras - Replacement for Nikon Quick Charger MH-61 for EN-EL5 Battery - AAA Products®
on 4 March 2014
Rapid charge ideal to keep batteries at full charge. The one battery supplied with camera is never enough so an additional battery & charger is essential. Also, if you are likely to go on a cruise or other foreign holiday, it's better to re-charge batteries through an external charger rather than through the camera because if there is a power surge the camera could be damaged. I'd rather replace a battery & charger than a camera.
3 people found this helpful
on 10 August 2013
The Nikon P520 comes with a USB lead with which you are supposed to charge the battery from a PC while the battery is in the camera - in my opinion Nikon should provide a mains charger as part of the kit - however they don't so you have to buy it separately, this little product is excellent value for money and it does the job without any fuss
4 people found this helpful
on 25 September 2013
I needed a separate charging system from the camera itself for the battery for my Nikon P520 bridge camera.
Seems to do the job ok although I have only used it twice so far.
Charging the battery is quicker than in the camera and I have use of the camera with the spare battery(Duracell- see my separate review)
I cannot comment therefore on the longer term reliability and performance
on 11 October 2015
Although it was fairly obvious how to use the charger, there were no instructions for use with the item. This meant that I had to guess the meaning of the colours of the LED indicator.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 14 April 2018
Got on time No problems
on 1 February 2017
Have used this for almost a year or so. Does a good job of charging my EN-EL5 Li-on Batteries. No problems what so ever.
on 28 April 2017
Great charger seems to be very efficient charging time is good