Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£15.74

Excel for Dummies has so far covered everything I can think of relating to Excel. It takes you from novice to reasonably competent with well worked through chapters filled with examples. It's easy to digest and easy to follow.

However, this is not a book that easy to jump into and out of unlike some Dummies books. This is really a book that is designed like a course to be followed. If you are reasonably familiar with Excel then there is another Dummies book which is for formulas only. In some ways that is much more useful for anyone who has used Excel a bit.

Overall if you are new to Excel and want to become very competent at it then working through this book will get you there.
on 2 October 2013
I use Excel on a day to day basis and have been using up to version 2010, this book helped update me quickly on the extras for 2013 at a sensible price plus useful as a general reference guide on Excel.
on 5 March 2014
Obviously not a book one sits down to read cover to cover, but an excellent reference book. I have a) just upgraded to Excel 2013 and b) started a job where I needed to use many more advanced functions which I knew existed, but had forgotten how to use. This book is well laid out, has clear instructions and I know it will sit beside the laptop and become a well-thumbed friend.
on 10 May 2014
I have a few of the "For Dummies" books on various subjects, and this one has the same format, easy to understand, well layed out, and a thoroughly helpful book for someone like me (64), starting off making spreadsheets.
on 24 February 2015
What I liked the most: I am a Dummy in some areas of excel, and quite skilled in other areas. This book served me in all areas. It is easy to find what you are looking for. It works (for me) betst when I combine it with the Help function (especially around advanced use of the formulas.
on 11 April 2014
Mmm - wasn't exactly what I was looking for - I suppose I was hoping for some form of exercise book where I might practice making up my own spreadsheets and fiddling around with the functions of Excel - this book doesn't seem to have anything like that..
on 19 October 2015
...personally, I think I'd have been better just "googling it". I have to say the book does look good but since I've had it, I've only opened it once and I couldn't find what I wanted to know. I tend to search google when I have a particular excel query and have to say this approach works better for me.
on 20 August 2015
I haven't used excel for 20 yrs, and even then I was no expert, so I had hoped that this book would be the same as others in the "Dummie" series; in so much as you could look up the answer in the index and work through the problem. Apparently not!! Too detailed and cumbersome to be useful to genuine novice excel users.
on 23 October 2013
Very, very impressive. I know that this will take some while to work through, seems to show all I'll ever need.
on 23 November 2015
May be it's me, but I thought a "for dummies" guide was as basic as ABC with lots of diagrsms and step by step scenarios. For somebody who knew nothing about excel andmwas trying to self teach after receiving this book am no further forward. It certainly isn't for dummies.

It is a large book in small print which I found intimidating and definitely not the step by step I was anticipating.

I let the title of the book lull me in false security. If youve got over basic knowledge of Excel and want to learn more then this book mightbe for you.