on 18 February 2014
I was really looking forward to this book, but its less so about how to take cool photos and more just a portfolio of their work, with a huge proportion of the book taken up with selfies. I think I'll head down to the book store and browse other photo idea books.
on 23 September 2013
I like the fact that the book is like a collection of posts from ABM. It works perfectly with the blog's look and feel, and the style of their posts is also there.

The book isn't aimed at solving your creativity problems, but it works by giving you ideas and making you think of new ways of seeing photography, from a practical, non-nonsense point of view!

If you're looking for The Answer, it might disappoint you, but if you're looking for a book full of ideas, and visually attractive (and if you already follow ABM), then you won't be disappointed.
on 9 January 2014
This was bought as a present, I had a brief browse and my impression was, if you are new to photography you will get some ideas, but for someone with a bit of experience they may be dissappointed.
on 17 September 2013
Having followed Emma and Elsie's blog for some time, I was delighted to find they were writing a book. I preordered and Amazon delivered the book early, HOORAY!
A bright, good quality volume full of photographs and tips for capturing life on film. A pleasure to read and lend to (book-jealous) friends. I have bought a second copy for my sister and anticipate re-reading and referring to the tips and photo-inspiration within this book for years to come.

I look forward to their next book!
on 5 September 2013
Such a gorgeous book! I've finished the kindle version and have just pre ordered the paper version. It's definitely one to keep and continue to use for ideas and inspiration. Great pictures and really helps to get a good understanding of what you can achieve with everyday photos without investing a huge sum of money.
on 6 January 2014
This is SO inspirational! I can't wait to try out all the ideas. I read the blog regularly so expected to enjoy it for a bit of a flick and see a couple of new ideas but it is completely fresh and unique to the blog. So happy I was gifted this and highly reccommend!
on 1 February 2014
A good book for the casual photographer. Nicely presented. Doesn't give much in the way of specific advice but fine for a starting point.
on 10 October 2013
An amazing book, full of wonderful photo ideas!
Elsie and Emma seem like the most talented girls in the world.
on 21 March 2014
I have followed a beautiful mess blog for ages now and when i saw that they had a book i had to have it! Brilliant book so informative and the layout makes it a breeze to read. The book has really inspired me as a beginner photographer and soon to be blogger. The tips and information have really have build my ideas for my blog and has given me real confidence in my skills!
on 26 August 2013
I'd been looking for a book like this and I'm glad I came across this one after reading an article on hellogiggles.com I have so many ideas on how to move forward with my hobby and has encouraged me to get out there to take more photos for content for my blog. A brilliant guide and I encourage you to get this!! xx