Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.49

on 26 February 2013
Michaels' latest album is for me, a fan who has all his other solo albums, the best by far to date. This CD is perfect for a cosy night in; full of beautifully crafted songs all delivered with class and clarity accompanied with style by The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra.

`Both Sides Now' features a delightful musical arrangement including beautiful saxophone solos by Snake Davis.

`Perfect Song', a new song written by Lord Lloyd Webber and Leslie Bricusse will stay with you after the first listen; such a catchy but lovely song `perfectly' delivered!

`Suddenly', the new song from the Les Miserables Movie is another heartbreakingly beautiful song.

Michael delivers the Dolly Parton classic, `I Will Always Love You' in its original style; staying away from the big belty Whitney Houston version preferring to keep it pared right back which is perfect and again delivered beautifully.

For those of you wanting something a bit more upbeat there are the Leona Lewis classic hit `Run' and another new song given to Michael by Tim Rice from the new musical From Here To Eternity called `Fight the Fight' another great and very catchy tune.

Most albums have the odd song which is skipped on the playlist, not this one; there isn't a bad song on here.

The album closes with a rendition of Love Changes Everything which has been given a new twist and features the operatic vocals of Il Divo this is the perfect album - just buy it!!!
on 28 February 2013
I loved Michael's last release "Heroes" and didn't think it could be equalled. This album does it though and is absolutely brilliant. Beautifully produced with some gorgeously lush (though not overpowering) arrangements, every song showcases Michael's wonderful voice.

As with all of Michael Ball's songs, you hear every single word - in fact, sometimes I haven't even properly heard the lyrics of some songs until I hear Michael sing them. As for the voice, with maturity it is getting richer and mellower all the time. Quite faultless.

Treat yourself, buy this album and listen to one of the best singers ever!
on 2 March 2013
This new album is wonderful - a new maturity and depth to Michael Ball's velvet voice. Some old favourites and some new songs - great mix. "Both Sides Now" has always been a favourite song of mine, but in Michael Ball's reading of the lyrics, it's a whole new song with new insights into the human condition. Extremely pleasing album,and so very good to listen to, over and over again. One of the best album purchases I have made in a long time. It is a great addition to my collection of Michael Ball recordings. I highly recommend this album not only to the legions of Michael Ball fans, but to all those who enjoy beautiful music. Bravo, Mr. Ball!
on 26 February 2013
Simply brilliant!! It is one of Michaels best work. His selection of songs is great. And as always the songs sound much more beautiful sung by him. I love his new CD. For sure a must have for every fan of him but as well for every fan of great music. SO BUY IT!!!!!!!!
on 5 March 2013
Yet another excellent performance by Mr Michael Ball who
in my eyes can do no wrong. Lovely CD for anyone who
appreciates good music
on 24 June 2013
Ordered this cd for my long suffering wife, as a present for her just being her. I must say that the tracks are very well chosen, sung, and produced. My wife must have at least half a dozen Michael Ball cd''s going back many years, and this comes close to the top. We all know Michael has a fantastic voice range, and he really shows it, on this one. One of the best for me is, his version of I will always love you, Written of course by Dolly Parton, and don to death by many artists. But all you have to do is put other artists offerings aside and listern, this version is up there with the best.
on 29 May 2013
To be honest I purchased this for my wife, who is a Michael Ball Fan and has been ever since we saw him in Le Mis some years ago now. My wife has also been to see Michael in his recent tour with Both Sides Now ( yes I went with her ). So I know how she feels about this CD, she would have no hesitation in recommending this CD to anyone. I think I would too.
on 5 March 2013
Wonderful selection; some out of the ordinary routing. Perfect Song is just that, perfect. Excellent follow up to Sweeney, which still makes the hairs stand up on my neck. Easy listening - looking forward to the concert in May.
on 31 March 2013
This is the 1st CD of Michael Ball's that I have bought. The music is so relaxing, although I think in a couple of the songs he seems to be singing in too lower key for his voice .After playing so many times now, I just love it. Come to Cambridge Michael I would love to see you live! He is very talented and sings many different genre's.
on 6 October 2013
This item is outstanding I play it all the time. I went to the tour this product was being promoted. I am a Michael Ball Fan seen him many times in concert. Got all his music. Arrived well packed & by due date Thank you