Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£18.03+ £1.26 shipping

on 2 January 2014
this is the girls version of nightwish. this is a must if u like nightwish.i am playing this cd everywere i go
on 9 January 2014
As someone with musical tastes firmly routed in 70's rock I have a rather tangential relationship with modern `heavy' music. So often, it seems to consist of little more than `grungy' chords, predicated and punctuated by a vocalist who merely shouts or growls, and as such I tend to avoid it.
So how did I discover Arven? I received an Amazon `recommendation' based on me liking `Pythia'. Upon checking out their music that was available on line, I liked what I heard and decided to give them a try and buy this CD - I am so glad I did.
Arven are an excellent group of highly talented musicians / songwriters who sound as tight as a new packet of Rizlas, the ensemble overarched by an exquisite vocal, the clarity of which is stunning.
The CD comes with a sticker saying "in the vein of" a bunch of bands I'd never heard or heard of, so for those of you Luddites like me, I give the following analogy. To my ears, there are guitar riffs Maiden would be proud of, with echoes of Tull in their pomp, mixed with a hint of Magnum and a touch of Blackmore's Night - and I mean this as a compliment.
This is a superb album (as is its predecessor Music Of Light), which I've played every day (several times a day) since receiving it; there isn't a track on it which makes me press the 'Skip' button. I believe this is the best band to have come from Germany since the Scorpions; and if they play some dates in the UK, this old rocker will don his bullet belt and Lewis Leather one last time and go to see them.
Enjoy!
on 20 April 2014
Bought this as it was going cheap second hand and had listened to one or two tracks Although I like the girl led vocals which are very pleasant I felt some of the tracks were a little the same and that this type of music still has its heavyweights in the likes of Nightwish,Stream of Compassion and Leaves Eyes. I will be playing again and maybe the rating will step up one grade but we will see
VINE VOICEon 16 January 2015
A mixture of female vocals and metal music with a touch of Epica. I have tried to find something that I do not like about this album and I have failed. I have listened to it several times and I will look out now for any other albums that they have done. Great album.
on 28 February 2014
Beautiful Vocals, great musicians this album is great and a must for all lovers of female fronted symphonic metal bands.
If you love Within Temptation, Nightwish, Delian and there ilk this a must buy.
on 16 February 2017
Found this album on Amazon recommendation and I am not disappointed. Every track a winner. I could only find one other CD by this band. Pity, as it looks like they have split (musical differences again!).
on 12 January 2016
Strange, something different but well worth a listen. Very compelling.
on 3 March 2016
It are excellent music and rate high and quality cd when come me
on 30 September 2013
I was looking forward to this album ,since I loved the first one.This one a little bit different ,less folk elements,but still a very good album.The production is great ,better then many these days.The vocal mix in not hidden in the mix.I hope they stay together and release many more great albums.
on 18 May 2015