Customer reviews

Being Eileen [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 19 July 2017
Sue Johnston is brilliant in this comedy drama. Her family, played by a stellar cast, help to make her change her life for the better by being
a typical needy, uncaring lot! Lots of us women can identify with the role she plays so very well. Recommended.
on 8 April 2017
Pleasant wet afternoon viewing
on 3 January 2014
I love the episodes, but without Lapland which explains things which come up later, it is not so good. I bought it for my Mum who hadn't seen Lapland and had to explain things which came up.
on 31 October 2014
Breast DVD shame pilot not included.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 March 2013
I thought this was a brilliant comedy series, so much so I bought the DVD, disappointingly it did not have the pilot Lapland on it but maybe this will come out nearer Christmas but I am reviewing the series here and it gets five out of five.

The best comedy does not rely on toilet humour and swear words to be funny but well written and well timed family comedy, it is a PG but this is probably for some rare adult references nothing more.

I would recommend this highly, Sue Johnston is as good as ever but there is some potential future stars in the kids that play the parts and the comedy they bring.

What I couldn't understand was why was this put on so late on television from the BBC and put on after an Outnumbered repeat as I bet much more people would have watched this has it been on prime time and would now be a fan.

I hope there is a 2nd series, there is room for one from the last episode and again I hope the BBC bring out Lapland at Christmas to compliment this excellent series.
on 14 December 2013
I would normally give this show 5 stars, but I was VERY DISAPPOINTED that "Lapland", the pre-season special that initiated the series, was NOT included on the disc and is not available as a stand alone DVD either! Come on BBC!

Sue Johnston is terrific. I love her in EVERYTHING she is in! Julie Graham and Elizabeth Berrington are also great.
on 23 May 2013
Great cast in a piece of feel good tv - good to watch on a rainy weekend.
they should have made more.
on 22 April 2013
Acting quality excellent, really gets you involved with the characters, you laugh and chuckle along with the characters. Please please let there be a second series!
on 24 December 2013
Great family programme, well acted good cast, very funny,why was it on so late? children would have enjoyed this .
on 27 November 2013
I really enjoyed this.Well acted and well written but when are you going to release the prequel..Lapland.?I have been waiting for this for months