on 18 November 2013
Great, great entry in this series: probably one of the best.
It took me 50 hours to complete so it's also very long.
5 stars well deserved.
on 21 July 2013
boy, this game is incredible, and it is the most fun I've had with a game in a long time!
Just the sheer diversity, the constant fun minigames and "how'd they think this stuff up?!"-factor makes the game very compelling

I digress - after being one of those who got 3DS at launch, I've experienced a slight buyers remorse, and postponed getting any games
This has been a really positive experience and I'm tempted to get more games now!
on 16 August 2013
I have played almost all the Mario and Luigi Nintendo games, and this is no disappointment. Graphics are great, storyline interesting, lots of puzzling places to figure out how to get into, and help in the more infuriating battles.
I did actually break my console in one of the giant battles and had to buy another, but that was my fault as I got too carried away.
A good game for anyone starting out on the Mario games, as you can avoid that dreaded Game Over by re-fighting the battles, and the facility to save is present for almost the whole time.
on 7 September 2016
Bought this a while ago but was saving it for my holidays :)

Great game. I've never played anything in the Mario and Luigi RPG style world before and this is a fantastic introduction.
Graphics are great with 3D being well utilised. Sound is also fantastic with Mario and Luigi's gibberish Italian never filing to raise a smile.
I would have given 5 stars only for the usual RPG speech bubble boredom and the seemingly never ending interruption by your star friend.
Gameplay is fantastic and although the battles are all pretty much the same thing they haven't, as yet, become boring.
I love it and would certainly recommend picking it up (in Select range now I think so a bargain!)
on 20 September 2013
Excellent game but the introduction with "how to" tips annoying for the first few rounds.
Still enjoy it though and worth purchasing
on 8 February 2016
Another Mario (& Luigi) classic.

I wont bore you with a description if the game, other than to say its not a simple platform jumper this time around, there are two characters to control, turn based battles, block manipulating to solve puzzles and progress through the maps ............ its a very, very good example of game design and why Nintendo dominate their corner of the video games market.

As usual the cartridge version of the game is lower price than the download version - so you'd need a good reason to pay premium for a download that you can't give away, sell or partex when the kids get bored of it.
on 9 May 2016
This game was ordered as a birthday gift for my son. He is enjoying it tremendously. He has other Mario games (SuperMario, Haunted Mansion, Paper Jam, etc) and I think this one certainly ranks near the top of his list of 3DS games. The seller was great, too. The game arrived in less than 24 hours.
on 23 August 2013
I've always been a fan of the Mario and Luigi games. Much like the original Mario RPG that launched years ago on the SNES the latest game on the 3DS borrows from all the previous games.

Set on Pilli'lo Island you soon realise that Luigi is able to open up doors to the dream world when he falls to sleep, as you explore and find various Pillows (Pilli'los) to sleep on the next part of the game opens up. The story is the typical Peach getting kidnapped and the Bros pair march off to save her but in doing so they have injected some new gameplay twists.

When you encounter a battle in the real world Mario and Luigi can team up with various attacks and abilities but it's in the dream world where the attacks really get interesting. Dream Luigi morphs with Mario so when Mario attacks Dream Luigi and his clones attack, these attacks are the interesting dynamic and with the game making use of the touch screen at frequent points it does feel refreshing.

However the game does feel it's designed for the younger audience and while accessible makes it straight forward, this is no Zelda game or Final Fantasy, but the game just feels very simple and this is why the 4 stars.
on 12 July 2013
I was not sure if to get this Mario title because of the critics reviews but I thought I would make my mind up my self and brought it anyway and I glad I did. So far I am loving it even thought I have not got that far in the game. The begging is long but that's means its gonna be a long game. The battle system is similar to Paper Mario if you have played them, but has an RPG feel to it. The graphics ain't the best but the characters look like RPG characters. The new features like the dream world make the game different and fun. All in all this is a great game and if you like RPG Adventure games with a good story line then you will love this game
on 14 January 2016
I bought this for my brother's birthday and he absolutely loves it. It's very engaging and as its rated 3, anyone can play it. Next time, I won't hesitate to buy another Mario game for him. I highly recommend this game!