Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£7.99

on 7 June 2017
This is a great book,and very detailed. As i am not even half way through on my kindle, i can't give a detailed review. However, what i have read so far is excellent. If you are a history buff and love Cuba, i would highly recommend.
on 23 May 2017
If you have been to Cuba this book will give you the history of the past
on 27 July 2017
Excellent condition for price.
on 19 May 2014
Have never really understood Cuban history apart from my memories of years ago in the Western press. My knowledge has now been corrected and I am keen to find out more. I enjoyed the introduction where he compares history to current affairs and it is only really when an item becomes history (with archives opened up etc) that you truly have a real understanding of what happened. Very readable with tremendous detail. Loved it. For anyone like me who has a serious interest in Cuban history and how the British then Americans became involved followed of course by the Eastern block including Russia I can recommend this.
on 7 February 2012
This is a tremendous book, a real tour de force of historical narrative. Starting with the British of Havana in 1762, through the years of slavery, the role of sugar, the revolutions, the hopes of democracy turned sour by graft, the dictators and the years of Castro, it explains why we find Cuba in the state it is today. It is beautifully written, thoroughly researched and a ripping tale of Cuba's frenetic, bloody, tragic, corrupt and heroic history.
on 7 June 2014
This was purchased to expand my knowledge in the History of Cuba, the politics and culture of the country, and it does that in a very easy to digest and comprehensive way
on 27 May 2015
The book provides a lot of interesting information, it is very detailed, contains a lot of historical information and is a very useful tool to find out more about Cuba than what is usually included in tourist guides.
on 9 May 2012
A well written book with all you need to know on the history of Cuba touching such aspects as slavery, sugar economy, colonialism, relations with the US and many other realted subjects. It is book with a lot of pages but for history lovers it is a pleasant read.
on 15 May 2015
It took me six months to read this book on and off. It certainly covers the history of Cuba in detail - arguably too much detail. Having stuck with it though, I found it most enlightening. I visited Cuba a couple of weeks ago before I had completed this book and found that the background knowledge it had given me was very useful. The visit also gave me the impetus to finish reading the book. It's only when you read a detailed history like this that you can appreciate what brought Cuba to where it is today. I was particularly enlightened by details of the events around the missile crisis and just how close we came to nuclear war.
on 31 December 2014
It was out of stock but I have been assured of a refund so I expectation of that event I will give them top marks for their nice email and the promptness in which the matter was handled.The pill was sugared by the fact that I then found a pristine copy in a charity shop for 50p so my joy in the whole matter was unbounded.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse